Quick'n'dirty acoustic song: But At Least...(I'm Not A Nazi)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Polymetrix, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

(Vaccines are written, recorded and released within 24h thus quick'n'dirty)
    fight racism with music

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Musik macht dich frei. :)

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Love it ! And really good job singing live especially without pitch correction. A little bit of reverb would help the vocals sit better in the mix but again great job :mates:

5. Polymetrix

Thanks!

@phenomboy Just for clarification: this is supposed to sound like it's recorded in my living room so the lack of any FX is intentional. Originally this series (Vaccines) is supposed to be recorded in one take (so vocals+guitar simultaneously) but gear failure left me with just one mic atm which sounds a little too shitty in the end if I get far away enough to achieve some balance between voice and guitar. That there are two guitar tracks this time around was a mere coincidence as I simply couldn't decide which one to keep :D

But in the end I do not add anything for this series. Preamp-plugin on the input (so it's non-reversible) and after that just substractive stuff. But again, that's just to clarify that it is intentionally dry. As you can hear in the end during the Drunken Sailor snippet I normally use FX and stuff even on my acoustic tracks.

6. I love it, do more.

7. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Hey hey hey Poly........man you are one hardworkin' geezer............made me smile this one :hillbilly:

Lyrically funny insightful and provocative...........not the easiest thing to pull off..........I usually end up on a soapbox :deep_facepalm:

Keep em comin ya mad bugger :cool:

Have a listen to this when you've a mo..........

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Polymetrix

Thanks a lot!

I live on a soapbox so to say...so I fully understand what you mean. It's quite difficult to tune it down to the point it's still clear what you want to say but without sounding like one of the guys left and right of Brian

Then adding a little humor is easy if you're running sarcasm as your OS...;)

Great one! And they didn't even get started on the pharma industry which I wouldn't have been able to resist. I hate them almost as much as Nazis. And you don't even need conspiracy theories like "they're holding back a cure for cancer because the treatment gives them more money" to see to which level they're filled with shit. Aaand here I am on the soap box...I'll better get a coffee

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Ur voice rly rawks in this! Srsly beautiful! <3 made me smile throughout, and the "you kids better stay away from my bins!" kinda things made me genuinely LOL! *sighs dreamily*

I did expect "today is gonna be the day" lyrics @ intro (chords) but that faded as I got into the song. Fantastic job!

10. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

I'm not sure if the people really understood what you quoted here. A tough but very good answer!

11. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Is there any chance of you sharing the vocal track? I would love to do a, well "remix" is the wrong word, but putting in something from me to express my accordance.

12. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Just a tiny bit arrogant moosh

13. GODSanAI

GODSanAI Kapellmeister

What nazis? Where? That tiny fringe of wannabes in charlottesville? These days "muh nazis" seems to mean "whoever i don't agree with". What about the blacks that hate whites? What about those racists? What about other minorities that hate whites? Are you against them too? I hope when you say you're against racists that you are against all racists regardless of what color they are or which color they claim to hate.
    I'm with you on big pharma though. Although we wouldn't have come as far medically if it wasn't for financial incentive, I do agree there are very corrupt practices in big pharma and their good ol' boy buddies in the FDA.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  14. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Why? Just because I don't expect people from all over the world to know about the history of certain german sentences? It is just as arrogant to use words that I have to look up in urban dictionaries :hillbilly:(Seriously, I had no clue what 'moosh' meant :bleh:)

15. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

I woulda thunk'd that the holocaust and the details thereof are pretty much known by the "world" moosh.

And for you to assume that "people" here on AudioZ have such a poor standard of education as to be ignorant of one of the key Nazi phrases associated with the holocaust is, in my opinion, arrogant.

Honestly, I don't feel I should be having to explain this to you.

But hey, thats just my opinion, which I'm entitled too, as you are entitled to yours, even if you feel I'm arrogant for using the word moosh.......which is a term of affection btw, and basically is interchangable with friend or mate..

16. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Sorry for messin' up yer thread Poly.........kinda felt it had to be said.