Quick simple Reaper Question...

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by kearnsy, Aug 20, 2015.

1. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Howdy all

Just a quick one, how do I change the timeline to show (say for instance) a32nd or a 64th or 128th grid?

I know how to do it in the midi editor, just not in the main timeline where everything goes

EG: I was zooming in and wanted to cut out a bit of coughing on a vocal take, and I noticed I could only cut in chunks of 16th's if you know what I mean?

Thanks guys

3. xsze

xsze Guest

There's by default grid lines settings shortcut on main toolbar (Action> Options: Toggle grid lines), right click on icon and change it in "Show grid, line spacing" drop down menu :like:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Pronto

Pronto Kapellmeister

yes disabling snap to grid (Alt + S) seems the easiest - then the cursor line isn't restricted to grid lines; you can move it freely.

5. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Thanks very much for the replies guys, appreciated

I'm still used to the Acid Pro workflow you see before I switched over to Reaper, so I still have my old habits, In Acid you could click on the timeline anywhere and zoom in to 000000/th of a second so it wasn't a problem with fine editing on the fly

But thanks all, there's a number of fixes now you've offered, I think I'll go with just turning snap on and off, seems to be the easiest option, I rarely work outside of 32nd's anyway, so If I need to edit any audio on the fly in the future, that seems like my best option, as opposed to opening the audio in my audio edior