Quick and dirty old style hard trance (156 BPM)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I made a quick hard trance track (90s inspired, not today's hard trance). I spent many hours making a melody and building the track around it, but at the end it sounded much better without a melodic element...
    I hope it can make you bob your head to the beat. I especially like when the bass comes in, it fits very nice with the kick.
    Maybe next time I should make a real acid trance track, with the acid line being the main element, but that kind of track I want to make it real good, so it'd take a while...

Anyway just sharing some music I made, if there any major mistakes in terms of sound let me know... cheers

• Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

No major errors to me.
    Apart too much low end on the kick.
    Try to cut it a little shorter, to remove "rumble" at the end.

Apart this small point, i like this track :D
    May be adding the melody you didn't included only at the end could work :wink:

And yes i'm head bobbing ... i'm an hard electro/metal fan :like:
    Very nice track mood

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Hi mate, thanks for your nice comment
    I'm aware of the kick, sadly I had no time to listen to the track on a PROPER SYSTEM, but I could alreadyy tell the kicks tail was way too fat and long... just wasn't sure about the right amount.
    I have one question about what you said: you think a melody could be added around the mark 6minutes/5 and a half? is that what you are saying?

5. Maria Valverde

Maria Valverde Member

I am curious what you used to make acid sound.
    I guess it's vst.
    We often are fussy about tone and similarity to the original TB-303.
    But in reality it's hard to tell what was used after listening to the mix.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Rock Star

Really cool! As @Maria Valverde, I do like the acid TB-303 lines that you managed to introduce in an elegant way at some moments.

The unexpected quiet moments (with the nice harp arpeggios) are really amazing, they bring a deepness, a deep breath, a short moment of meditation / contemplation before restarting full strength ahead.

Not an everyday, banal eMusic for sure! I think you're an artist who have something to say, please keep on this way, your way!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Enjoyed it very much! I think this one has enough melodic elements.. you could ofc experiment with more complex ones and if you go for it you shouldn't put it in too soon for the style, but not after half of the track is already over, unless it's an outro. Imo at 1:15 or 2:30 (where you have them now) is just right. It has nice balance/form overall as it is though.

waiting for the acid trance one :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List