Questions about buying used Maschine MK1

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by Spiritos, May 27, 2014.

1. Spiritos

Spiritos Noisemaker

Hi,

I have a offer till tomorrow to buy a used Maschine MK1 for a great price. Unfortunatley the guy doesn't have the serial/activation codes as he bought it from someone else before etc.
    Now I know NI is a PITA and although I sent them an email requesting if I could buy a licence from them -without knowing if this was an EDU version- chances are probably zero for me.

So.. I'm restricted to war*z as it seems. As I know nothing about Maschine I have some questions:

- Will I be able to download (legal/illegal) software that will give me ALL functionality of the hardware?
    - Will I be able to sync it with my (legal) iOS app?
    - What about the firmware/software (I think 2.0.2.) is out by R2R but I also read kits are somehow unavailable.
    - Can I install samplepacks directly or would I (again) have to resort to downloading war*z?

- Lastly.. how about Kontakt Libraries and Service Center? Will I be able to use them?

Thing is.. I want the hardware SO bad but can't afford the extra 100 euros for a controller with license and this is such a good deal.

So aside from the above specific questions: Into how much 'functional' trouble will I run into having a controller which I can't register?

Regards,
    Spiritos

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Yes...
    Yes...
    Yes...kits are fine they all work
    Yes...or your choice
    Yes...

4. Spiritos

Spiritos Noisemaker

That's.... great news! ;)

Then why all the hassle you read everywhere on the web about buyers stuck with basically a very expensive MIDI-controller stuck in DEMO-mode and headaches about installing content? And just to be sure: You can actually use Service Center with war*z software?

5. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Noobs, need i say more lol

not recommended, for me i back up all my xml's from the service center folder(except bought products & all my Kontakt registry keys ( takes some work to master it , but seconds to complete)
    so when i send the authorization file it's only the libraries i want to activate

6. Spiritos

Spiritos Noisemaker

Thansk again man. Really appreciate the feedback!

Noobs.. Well figures. Yet usually among all the clutter there's enough info to find on 'creative workarounds' but a quick websearch on Maschine left me with nothing but the impression the serial was hardcoded in the controller messing up kits and libraries (especially for the Mac) plus I know NI to be a very user-unfriendly and unforgiving company.

Also, until today I never even thought about getting Maschine so my research was on a deadline ;)

I will admit though that even with Kontakt I sometimes struggle with legit vs. borrowed libraries but you seem like a man who knows what he's talking about (you already feel that light yet pleasant sensation of me putting feathers up your ... ;)) so I'll take your word for it.

Once again.. really big thanks!

7. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

LOL No problem :bleh: