Questions about adding effects to an instrument

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Jackson12, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Jackson12

Jackson12 Newbie

Hey guys, I am trying to make my own instrument on Kontakt. I mapped all the samples and grouped them, now I am trying to add a reverb effect, I see there's insert effect and send effect, I was wondering what's that and then I realized the send effect is made so you can send an effect to a specific one group without affecting the whole instrument (correct me if I am wrong) but then when I tried to add reverb on "insert effect" and on "send effect" I noticed there's difference in sound, the reverb sounded bigger on "send effect" (all reverb settings are the same for both "insert effect" and "send effects" and the reverb is active on all groups) still it sounded different. Why is this ? also when I try to add a reverb knob to the main instrument page, it is always on 0 and when you adjust it you lose what the default reverb settings were at. Is there anyway I can send the reverb settings I put in my instrument to this reverb knob on the script editor ? Thank you!

3. Rorer

Rorer Guest

4. Jackson12

Jackson12 Newbie

thank you but that doesn't answer my question

5. Talula

Talula Rock Star

have you ever used a hardware mixer with fx rack? the principle is the same.

insert fx - fx working after gain. channel gain at min - no sound, no fx.
    send fx - fx working before gain. channel gain at min - no sound, but you can hear only the result of fx, for example, a reverb, but without the original sound.