(Question) Whats a good guitar for this genre and what pedals?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by iseeghosties, Mar 14, 2023.

1. clone

clone Audiosexual

No, sir. Not at all! I use the "you", in the context of speaking to someone else. Absolutely not you, but scroll up and find someone with a 60K$ guitar they take to pawn shop for laughs. Sorry you had such an amp.

Those bedroom slippers are going to go for a few million bucks today. He gave them to the visiting teams ball boy and signed them. They will be on Southeby's today.

All he did was sweat inside them. This gear stuff is like going to a garage sale where everything is "important". Each seller needs to be asked, "Sorry, but who the fuck are you again?". This guy telling us about Radioheads shoes. it's a joke. So much of this is just pretentious bullshit from people talking down with no real money. Hello Omaha.

Let's see a pic uploaded of this 60G guitar. Pics talk, bullshit walks. Next we can ask to hear it.

guitar players can often be worse than fisherman. fkn story tellers. I want to hear a 60,000 dollar guitar. from any of you. I will await this patiently while we both know I will be awaiting till blue in the face holding my breath.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  2. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

A strat is the most versatile guitar. It can sound like a Les Paul or Tele, but none of the others can sound like it.
    Can go wrong with a strat.

3. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Producer

That is not correct. Like said above, an Ibanez with H-S-H pickup combination can do that. And more, very much more than a strat. Get some Vai recordings.

4. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

There is that - That one is on me for neglecting to say 'If you cannot play that is a bad idea". :)

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

When things started to get very silly with using Reverb as a pricing reference tool, is when Reverb began encouraging users to add every piece of gear they own. So anyone can ask Whatever they imagine something is worth, which is the "get a screwdriver out and remove it from my rack after 29 years" price. All you have to do is add a zero to the end of a real price. By the same way there are people who take VHS tapes to Pawn Shops on tv shows asking for only a million dollars on Lassie to be told it's rare and worth like 1.29$.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

Skippy was better than Lassie - not trying to start a war here.

'Skippy was a remarkable kangaroo. Capable of near-human thought and reasoning, she could understand everyone, open doors, carry things in her pouch, cross streams on narrow logs, foil villains, rescue hapless bushwalkers, untie ropes, collect the mail and even operate the radio. In one episode she plays drums in a band, in another she places a bet - and wins - on a horse at Randwick Racecourse.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skippy_the_Bush_Kangaroo

I rest my face.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Lassie VHS - now that is funny - If they had the original reel-to-reel master it would be worth something.
    If a composer can play they should physically try/play several instruments before buying. Reverb, Ebay etc etc... unless a person knows exactly what they are looking for, yes, it can be deceptive.

8. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Vai recordings. Never sound like a strat. But you can have your opinion. Vai recordings can never ever sound like SRV. Yes Ibanez are nice guitars but that is not my point. A H S S is a better setup.
    How long have you been playing guitar?

9. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Man this taking an unexpected turn into a very expected rabbit hole.

Tele, Strat, Superstrat, Modern SC with a coil tap battles... where is this going next are going to get into CTS vs Alpha vs Bourns and paper in oil vs pvc ...

The kid has a healthy budget, he plays a little, has friends that can play, I am sure he will figure it out. Finding good quality hash that is potent enough to make you fixate on the toe of your shoe all day is going to be harder than finding a guitar with some twang.

10. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

Jazzmaster- I am hearing some pretty wide sounding single coils. Tele would be good- a used baja tele. Hearing some Cocteau Twins and a little bit of My Bloody Valentine in there. Not bad. Gun to my head I would probably say that both of those bands used Jazzmasters recording. I like Jazzmasters but the pickups definitely have "a sound".

Me personally I have gravitated to Gibsons over the years. But you can make do with any guitar. Just get it set up and able to stay in tune no matter what.

As far as pedals, sounds like it's all very processed-- so get you something that handles multiple fx. Really I am not hearing anything too rare or too fancy.

11. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Not trying too. I have been playing for 40 + years and when I stated it was a Les Paul and all the real players said a strat was the way. After I learned how to play I dumped the Les Paul (Yes I still have it) got a strat. Best guitar I have owned. In fact I now have 3 strats.
    I played a Ibanez it was ok to me. Yes coil taps would be a great thing on a Ibanez but you could also add stacked pickups to a strat with coil taps. The last strat I got was a Player series with a Floyd rose on it really ncie for the $. The other is USA Fender one and one is a 70's which is my main axe. Now the kid can get what ever he wants but these are my comments like ever one else in here I should be entitled to my opinion also. joe satrani Ibanez also.

13. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

It's not about you man.

All I was saying that it's all getting very technical and the kid we are all trying here trying to help is getting too much information.

Just like you and may others here, I too have guitar herpes and they just keep popping up in periodic fashion, and I can't seem to get rid of them. It's nice that you have a lot of info to share, but when a kid walks into shoe store wanting a pair of trainers for walking around town you don't break it down for him the way you would for a marathon runner.

You don't have to prove yourself to me or anyone else on the internet. You have some nice guitars and I am glad that you are enjoying them to the extent you are and even happier that you enjoy sharing people, myself included about how happy them make you and could make them.

14. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Well to me knowledge is power. So just giving him my opinion that all.

15. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Totally agree. How we choose to share or disperse that knowledge is the real wisdom because wisdom is not the same thing.
    The latter is what we all will spend our lives working out whether we used it or we did not. Most of the time, we will gain more wisdom when we did not use it by learning from not using it.

16. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

That is actually true since many artist get gear free. Now I don't play a horn so sorry. Now I strum my strings though.

17. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

That is only true for some name artists. In fact I know that a large percentage do not, but they do get a substantial discount on gear if they are endorsing it. Strings perhaps and perishables. With plugins for sure and Artists who contribute to making a signature series of gear which has their name on it. That is not the majority though. I play a stringed instrument as my main by the way.

18. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Most that are good and famous get gear and stuff for free other no. What stringed instrument do you play there are a lot of them?
    From your avatar it looks like a Acoustic bass.

19. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Oy! I'll answer for him :rofl:

UPRIGHT BASSES

DOUBLE BASS - Circa 1930 Czechoslovakian.

Hofner Upright Stick-bass circa 1958

ELECTRIC BASSES

YAMAHA BBNE2, WHITE 5-String

Andy Atwill Shuker Lion's Head Custom 5-String

Early 1980's Musicman with Ernie Ball replacement neck 4-String

Alembic Long scale Series I 4-String

Godin Fretless semi-Acoustiic 4-String

GUITARS

YAMAHA Nylon string with pickup

Maton E Series Acoustic Steel String

Fender active Jimmy Ray Vaughan Tex-mex Black Stratocaster

KEYBOARDS