Question For Those Familiar With Reason AND Ableton

Discussion in 'Software' started by GreatJobChamp, Jun 7, 2018.

1. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

I recently went back to Reason... however, there's still one remaining issue I have with Reason, that keeps me tethered to Ableton.

I do not like to midi-sequence drums... mostly... Shaker Loops or grooving hats I may... but in general, I arrange audio clips of drum sounds. In ableton you have quick immediate access to the tuning of audio clips. And I do NOT like algorithmic time-stretching bullshit... I like and use standard pitch tuning, where the length of the sample will be longer or shorter if the tuning is altered.

At first in Reason, I remembered that audio clips have a transpose function... BUT, whether you choose "Vocal, Allaround, or Melody" they are all doing some kind of algorithmic bullshit... I notice the length of the audio clip never changes.

Am I correct that Reason doesn't have a basic transpose of audio clips?.. like Ableton (the non-warp transpose)?

I'm thinking I will still need to use ABletonvia Rewire or somethin... thank guys/gals