Question About Waves Ultimate V15

Discussion in 'Software News' started by pnutbuttrjarz, Oct 20, 2024 at 5:03 AM.

1. pnutbuttrjarz

pnutbuttrjarz Ultrasonic

Hey Guys,

I haven't updated Waves for some time (currently on an earlier version of v14).

I am also unsure if the v14 version I have is R2R or VR. Is there a way to tell??

I have seen comments on the sister site that v15 no longer supports vst2.

I'm ok with that, as I figured that was eventually going to happen down the track.

But I'm sure I saw a comment saying something about if you load an older project that used vst2 from v14, the vst3 v15 version will load instead??? Some kind of backward compatible feature?? Is this true?? I can't see how that would work. I use reaper, and I'm 99.99% sure reaper will just give me an error loading window.

So if that is the case, there are a few new plugins on v15 I'd like to try.

I know R2R's version only allows you to install all of the plugins and doesn't give you the control to just select 1 or 2 plugins to install. But another comment I read on the sister site said that VR's version allows you to install just the plugins you select. Is this true?

Now if that is the case, am I able to leave my v14 version on the PC, and just use VR's v15 release to install just the newer vst3 plugins that aren't in v14??

I'm hoping I'm making sense here. Just going to be a major pain in the ass if I load old projects and not know what the vst2 settings were to make the adjustments in the new vst3 versions. I think I'd have to have a separate computer with reaper and v14 installed to load the project just to see where I was at with everything lol

Any advice/help on this would be appreciated.

Cheers :wink:

3. Radio

Radio Producer

If you have projects, don't do updates!

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

99% of them will work, because they are the same plugins from 20 years ago. If you look around on your hard disk, you will see that they keep everything stored as version numbered containers, like all V14, etc. That probably helps them with reverse compatibility.