Question about snapshot locations and naming

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by lordradish, Mar 27, 2024.

1. lordradish

lordradish Ultrasonic

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me understand snapshots. From what I can tell, the snapshots all end up in the Documents/Kontakt/User Content. But here's where I'm confused. Do some snapshots belong in the actual library folder and other need to be moved into the documents one?

Also, what should the naming convention be... does the snapshot folder need to match the instrument name, exactly? Here's where I'm confused. I just installed the Schema Light library. It came with a directory of snapshots, I copied that into a folder in the snapshots docs directory, called Schema - Light, which is exactly the same way the nki file is named. It doesn't see any snapshots, either the ones I left in sample library or in the one I copied into the doc directory. What am I doing wrong, here? Is there some relationship I'm missing?
    Thanks in advance.