Question About Scaler & EZKeys

Discussion in 'Software' started by Crevice9, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

Hi, I am just starting my journey with these two songwriting tools and I have a couple of questions.

Can you not setup your keyboard to control the keyboard inside of Scaler 2.5 and simply play around trying to find the chord your looking for before you add it to the list at the bottom? The preferences section is a bit confusing. I using my Novation Launchkey 49 to control just about everything inside Studio One and it's usually automatic when I open something.

With EZKeys I had a progression I was putting together in the MIDI section and I needed to add an Esus2 chord with an additional E at the top of the chord so E F# B E but I did not see a way to add even just a normal Esus2 chord. There is a sus4 in the circle of fifths that pops up but no sus2. So 2 questions, how can you add a sus2? How can you add additional notes to a new or existing chord or build your own chord from scratch without going through the process of playing and recording it within the MIDI section of EZKeys?

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  3. F.L.O.W.

F.L.O.W. Producer

Yes.
    But maybe you want to route it EZKeys and trigger via the interface?
    Anyway. What DAW and OS?
    By dragging the MIDI from Scaler to the EZKeys track?
    Why bother recording it to the MIDI section of EZKeys?

4. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

I would like to know how to do both. Route it into or through EZKeys (or some other instrument I might use) and also how to set it to just respond to my keyboard controller inside Scaler 2.5, I'm using Studio One 5.41 Professional and Windows 10 Professional.

Because I may be using just EZKeys in standalone mode without Scaler it would be nice to be able to create custom chords inside EZKeys. The only way to add a chord such as the Esus2 I mentioned in EZKeys is to hit the record button on EZKeys and play what you want, then it will be inside EZKeys.

I want to know if there is a way to edit chords in EZKeys without doing that.

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Record a midi sequence in your DAW and then import your midi track into EZKeyz.
    Studio One has a piano roll where you can also draw notes.

[​IMG]

Learn Studio One 5.3 | The Piano Roll | EVERY Feature Covered!

6. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

You could have Scaler 2 act as the slave to EZKeys and for instance, trigger one of the many performance options for the progression you have created in EZKeys but I don't think you can slave the other way because EZKeys main workflow is the progression builder. So other than dragging a performance you have created in Scaler into EZKeys, I think that's about it in terms of using your keyboard within your DAW