Question about Omnisphere's inclusion of Bizarre Guitar and then some.

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by MokuseiFolf13, Mar 3, 2023.

1. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Well this is more of an awfully specific question about the one patch from the original BG, is the Byzantium included but renamed somehow? I had read up straight from the man himself, Eric Persing, that not only was the entirety of Bizarre Guitar as well as cut material was thrown into Omnisphere (cut mainly due to disk capacity limitations). And pray tell, is there a way to filter which collections they come from, say I want only Bizarre Guitar patches? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

3. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Just search for "Bizarre Guitar", it'll list them all in the patch browser (with appropriate graphic showing they came from Bizarre Guitar).
    There's quite a lot of them.

I don't have my old Akai format content to hand so I don't know what sound source that patch used, but as you know how it sounds, just step through the patches until you hear what you're looking for (or not).

It looks like the soundsources are named the same as the patches, so the patches should get you all the BG content - but you can init a patch and search the sound sources for Bizarre Guitar too if you like.

Edit: Is it the first patch played here:

I had a look, and while a lot is there from BG (with the same names), not everything is.

Also, the only reference to Byzantium in the Omni library is the soundsource "Emperor Constantine", in why the Byzantium samples are processed through a vocoder.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  4. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Oh it's fine, I only ask this because I was thinking of nabbing out my Kontakt library I made of it (which I can provide, which is a Kontakt conversion of the AKAI version) if literally everything from the collection was included on Omnisphere!
    EDIT: And yes, it's that first one!

5. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Update: I couldn't find it after looking at all the sounds... It'd be stupid for me to assume the Omnisphere 1 factory library has the missing patches, but I might look into that.

6. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

I've found my ones now from the Akai CD (I hadn't copied them onto my SSD sample drive)...

Omnisphere 1 isn't going to have anything that Omnisphere 2 doesn't, as O2 contains everything O1 and more...

7. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

I suppose I can take the original samples and recreate the patches. I already got the resources, just not so much the know how on how to assign keys to samples and whatnot...

8. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

There's nothing to recreate really, just load the samples into a sampler, and trigger them. You may want to adjust the amp envelope, that's about all you need to do.