Question about NI's Modern & West africa Drums

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by vgl, Nov 29, 2011.

1. vgl

vgl Newbie

Hello 1st time poster but frequent here alot to learn :)

I was looking to take advantage of NI's 1/2 off sale. Reading further i realized that both drum packages now require Kontakt 5 because of new scripting from what i understand. I have legit Komplete 7 which came with Kontakt 4 (fyi) So i had dwnld'd both drum packages from before Kontakt 5 had come out so they would work in Kontakt 4.2.3 ... so do you guys know if i were to purchase them to get the serials so i can install properly would there be an issue ? I guess i am trying to ask will the serial# NI gives me be specific for those drum packagaes to be used in Kontakt 5 ?

Thanks for any help

3. ghost47

ghost47 Noisemaker

Correct me anyone if I'm wrong If you have (K'd) version you probably are using just the wave files since Kontakt is scripted for each version. Why cause yourself a headache Un-installing & re-installing :dancing:

:But really Installing New software usually ask you if you wanna override any previously installed version. If you have the previous version & those kits require the latest then guess What :rofl:

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Just use the K'd version of Kontakt 5. It will save a lot of headaches.

5. vgl

vgl Newbie

If i was to dwnld the k'd version of Kontakt 5 isnt the service center gonna want me to register it ? Seems everytime i have tested out NI stuff alongside the legit service center always asks to register

6. vgl

vgl Newbie

Kontakt doesn't override previous versions, it installs side by side from everything i have read

7. dubhead

dubhead Newbie

Even if u use a Kracked Version of Kontakt 5 or Not, as soon as u Install your Library there will be an File Installed (XML) in the ServiceCenter Folder of your System.
    Thus u Launch your legal "ServiceCenter" and that sees the new File and wants you to Authorize it with your NI Account.