Question about filesonic/filesharing.

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Bonks, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Bonks

Bonks Newbie

I know filesharing is disabled in filesonic but what if we actually shared account info(username/pass) and then download the files? or do they have a preventative measure for that aswell. Also, I'm thinking audioz might need to look towards torrents soon. We have no other options as we will see the doors close on the rest of the filesharing providers.

3. cxc90

cxc90 Newbie

naaaa... its not safe to share accounts... you know.. password change and all that stuff...
    torrents are a good idea, but what about when post become old?.. 0 seeders?
    i was thinking about a ftp section, but that makes audioZ's more vulnerable to be shut down, by storing illegal software instead of just posting links...

4. Bonks

Bonks Newbie

you would torrent all of them but have a backup mirror(direct link like oron, rapidshare ect) incase of no seeders. Also if allowing to download with username and password on filesonic works then its still possible to use filesonic. most of the time sites wont allow u to change password if u dont know the security password. other then that, you could also just provide the accounts to private members that way you can have some filtering of good/bad people. I know this isnt a ideal situation but it is a possible temporary workaround. or if you can find a direct url or cookie within the account then mask url for the download. I hope this isn't the end but a new beginning for audioz.

5. joint05

joint05 Newbie

how many can you earn as a uploader ?