Question about Edison and main FL Studio quality.

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Daniel Williams Williams, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Daniel Williams Williams

Daniel Williams Williams Noisemaker

I just sampled a drum sound from audio I downloaded off YouTube, into the Edison editor. I highlighted it and used the "hold and drag" button to drag in into the sequencer. When I played the sound in the sequencer, it sounded completely different than it did when I opened it in Edison.

I'd play the sound in Edison, and it sounded thicker and fuller, then I played it in the sequencer and it sounded very thin and weak.

Does Edison have seperate conversion than the main FL Studio set up? Is there a way I can make the FL sequencer match the quality of Edison? After this I am seriously thinking about switching to Ableton, unless one of you can help me figure this out. I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could, because I know FL much better than I know Ableton.

Thank you!

3. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Sounds like the Sampler / Audio clip got time stretched. Reset those options.

4. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

When i use Edison i save the Files first and then put it in the Playlist to avoid timestretching errors.

5. Daniel Williams Williams

Thanks. You aren't the rapper Black Haze are you? Probably not, but I figured I'd ask.

6. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

No i am not he was written Blac Haze if we talk about the same which sounds similar to Pac. By the way i been asked the question a couple of days ago in an Producer Group :hahaha:

https://hip-hop-music.fandom.com/wiki/Blac_Haze

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  7. Daniel Williams Williams

Haha, ok. I had to check. And yes, thats who I meant. I'm in Florida and he got pretty big around here.

8. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Cool i was in FL in 2008 with my Dad great State and i miss the radio stations lots of crunk underground when i was there.

if you know blac haze here in germany people will tell you you got rap music knowledge