Question about converting old E-MU/Akai CDs into proper NKI files.

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by MokuseiFolf13, Jan 28, 2023.

1. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

I've done many, many format conversions over the years and let me tell you, if you get correct key mappings, root keys and filter settings then you're quite lucky already. The rest will be manual work except with a few formats that are supported in more depth by some developers.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  2. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

3. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

What software did you use? My only best bet would be to manually save/export the patches through Kontakt which can be quite time consuming and ultimately counterproductive.

4. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

For sure. The only difficulty I had is with the 2nd CD I believe, it wasn't really clear as to which track was which as the actual audio file/patches weren't akin to what the directory suggested. It must've been a reissue of some kind for it to be drastically different in organisation... I made sure to cut down on the individual tracks and leave in the more important patches than leaving the redundant ones.

5. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Alright. So to all that have been following up. Uh... What I haven't realised, and this'll definitely demonstrate my ignorance and lack of an attention span: Kontakt 5 can accomplish what I'm looking for without any additional software. I apologise to all who had taken the time to figure out a solution to something that was right in front of me. It's through the Import button that accomplishes the perfect patch...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023