Quantize in FL Studio

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Levitate, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Hello,anyone out there with any tips or tricks with quantize? I really like FL,been using it since 3.0.I have just yet to find any quantize settings that work well. I've tried selecting all in piano roll & going to tools & quantize,I've tried quick quantize,I've even tried some of the templates.It just seems no matter what I have to fix all the notes in piano roll after I record a midi part.The select all quantize thing works decent at alinging them to grid,but my notes are always about a half of a measure before where they should be even after quantize.I really wish FL would make a quantize like reason or something like that similar to a hardware sequencers quantize function where you can set 4th,8th,16th,32nd,and all the triplet and dotted.But... If anyone has any tips or advice,it would be very appreciated. Thanks

3. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

This option is available, all you have to do is set the snap to grid function to the time that you want.
    The icon looks like a little magnet and gives you all the times you suggested in steps and beats.
    Once you have clicked on the time you want it to snap to and have selected the part, press shift+q to quantize the piano roll.

4. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Sweet,that helped alot,I picked 1/4 step and quantized after I recorded an 8 bar part of 8th notes.It corrected most of the notes,I still had to move a couple after that,but that did help alot! Thanks! I was familiar with the magnet thing I've set it to different settings to get certain note values in the piano roll before.Didn't realize that affected the quantize though

5. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

Hey man, no worries, i find it a bit backwards how it works because you keep having the change the magnet value to do edits that arent in the same time frame at the one selected, ah well... :D

6. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Yeah,I'll be switchin it alot,at least one setting for quantizing,and another for programming drum parts in the piano roll.But should help a ton,been needing to know how to do this for awhile,I've been fixing notes in the piano roll for a long time,nice to have a solution.Even if I have to fix a couple notes,that's way better than having to adjust every note. :keys: