Qualm with Studio One update v3.2.1

Discussion in 'Software' started by dbmuzik, Apr 2, 2016.

1. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

This is the first time I've found myself at a fork in the road when it comes to a Studio One update. Every update prior to this has been a notable improvement in my opinion. After installing v3.2.1 and opening a project I noticed that the mix engine FX feature has taken a dive. With the previous v3.2.0 update the Console Shaper did not affect the transient response of the mix when inserted on the main out.. it only added depth, noise, or crosstalk. If you compare v3.2.0 with v3.2.1 you should now notice that when the Console Shaper is inserted on the main out (regardless if passthrough mode is on or off) it adds more of a continuous sustain to the transients in the mix essentially causing the mix to have a loose floating rhythm and lose it's dynamic separation. I'm wondering if other engineers in this forum who are likewise keen on their mixes having movement and a nonlinear sound have taken notice of this as well?