[Q] Help with Ableton's session view and live looping psy

Discussion in 'Live' started by Malzone, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Malzone

Malzone Newbie

hey guys, what's up?

I need help with ableton's session view. I've never found a video or a text explaning how they live loop forrest, darkpsy, psycore and mapping the controller accordantly like the pros do on live sets. Like, there's a million videos explaining how to record a tremendously technic music, but not a single one how to make and play loops and make a 2, 3, 5 hours of live set. I understand some of they play music and "solo"over the song, but how?
    I've purchased and old akai APC40 since I saw some of my inspirations playing on one of those or modern versions of the APC or even smaller midi controllers and I'm really upset about not being able to study anything about how to play on it except for actually controlling the audio or the plugin thats on in the board. I've even purchased a apc module from marshall but it hasn't being updated since ableton 9, and most of the plugins i use doesn't run on it, so I just went back to the 11 version and back to studying ableton. Any tips fellow hibpm aficcionados?
    *sorry for my bad english, it isn't my mother language

illustrative video from Alien Chaos, see how the sliders are mapped for something else, but I've no clue what exacctly it is. And how it sounds it can be a constructive live play for hours without sounding like playing any recorded finished music.As In counterpart on the DDJs transitioning, fading in&out finished songs.

Thank you for reading and for your time
    Itai Doshin
    To have the same mind, even though we are many in body.