Puzzling bad kontakt plugins

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by farao, Dec 11, 2018.

1. farao

farao Rock Star

Can someone explain all the subpar kontakt plugins on sister site lately? There are a lot and they are really, really bad. I am not complaining, I just find it really strange.

Still I am thankful for them, they can still be used in different ways with effects, I am just curious how many medicore kontakt there were lately.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. farao

farao Rock Star

@Nana Banana what are you disagreing with lol, you have obviously not tried them.

4. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

OK, I guess I should explain, even though you seem to be very confident that I have "obviously not tried them" :rofl: . Not naming anything, these are all mostly from Kontakt Hub. I have actually purchased a few of these after listening to the demo tracks on the product page. Somehow, the developer doctored the demo tracks up so good they actually sounded like really good libraries only to find out after download I had wasted a few dollars. It frustrates me when things aren't what they seem due to sonic deception. So in essence, I am actually glad these were uploaded so that an actual "try before you buy" can happen with zero deception.

By the same token, there are some libraries that everyone might think are subpar, but as a sound designer I find super useful in ways the average user might not understand, which make them beyond subpar in my opinion. Also, "subpar" is very subjective. If you remember the Kontakt Version 2 days, some of these libraries are top notch as compared to some of the earlier libraries from back then. That's primarily what I was disagreeing with. :wink:

BIG THANK YOU goes out to you Talula. Much appreciated, and very welcome by me, and I am sure many others, as "likes" indicate :like:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. farao

farao Rock Star

@Nana Banana Well, we kind of seem to agree with each other. :thumbsup:

6. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest