Putting Falcon through its paces

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Stuck In The 80s, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

So tried a different workflow this time...

Usually I put the music parts together first, and then try to find a random acapella or vocal cuts to fit with the tracks' key at the end of the process.

This time round I started with a found acapella but deliberately chose one where I did not like the original track. (Can't stand this guy's voice to be honest, and had to put Soothe all over it to stop it annoying me).

Built the music around the vocal, kept the parts fairly simple and created most parts using Falcon.

Feedback please.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Stuck In The 80s

Just listened to it in the car on the way to Nandos and wasn't happy with the middle section (not enough going on) so I've chopped out 30 seconds.

One "love it" - thanks.
    One "disagree" - lol - disagree with what? there is a dislike button too?

4. DragonBiscuit

DragonBiscuit Noisemaker

I like it! Catchy little track - very pleasant

5. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

I disagreed because, while the music was pleasant, it was not a demonstration of "putting Falcon through its paces". I expected some massive synth mashup to show off its sonic deliciousness with the likes of edm, wavepop, and trap step phrases. But carryon

6. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Cool song, I don't think anything is wrong with the voice, you need to sauce them up properly with the chops and edits and such.

7. Stuck In The 80s

Thanks for the listen anyhow.

It might not be how you would put Falcon through it's paces but whatever synth or sampler I use, there is not a cat in hells chance that I will suddenly start creating trap step phrases (whatever they are). I realise how ancient that makes me sound.

8. Stuck In The 80s

Yes that's what I normally do. Not sure if it was the quality of the mp3 file that had the acapella track on but it already gave it lots of treatment (de-essers etc) and I thought pushing it any more would make it start to either flat or harsh.

Obviously one of the snippets is just the vocal being run through Cableguys half time, but when I tried further plugins to distort further, it didn't really sit with the "pleasant" music.

Not sure how I feel about that. Pleasant suggests Elevator music.