Putlocker became Firedrive

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Andrew, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Say goodbye to Putlocker & hello to the new Firedrive!

Putlocker will be making a steady transition under the new and feature packed Firedrive.

After more than year of development and endless revisions, the new online storage service you've been waiting for is finally here.

Beautiful and intuitive, Firedrive makes sharing, viewing and managing your important files easier than ever. Here's a list of the most important changes and additions -

- New HTML5 interface
    - Access your files and folders online through any device
    - Share anything even whole folders
    - Powerful File and folder security settings
    - View over 150+ file types through any browser
    - Use groups to share your files and documents privately
    - Let anyone send you their files with Filedrop
    - Embed your media on your blog or website
    - Showcase your files through a dedicated public profile
    - Follow other users and keep up with their updates

...and much more!

In the meantime, your files, folders, account information & activity have all been moved safely to Firedrive.

The Firedrive Team

Well since they went from Unlimited to 50GB for free accounts and from Unlimited to 1TB on premium, I'm calling it a step in wrong direction.
    Also the HTML5 makes loading on slower machine unbearable. It's layout is also quite confusing.

I liked everything on Putlocker, the simple UI, super fast upload, FTP access and unlimited account. :sad:
    Yearly subscription is now over $100, used to be around $60 if I'm not mistaken

Well, those are my first thoughts
    Check it out:

Code:
    http://www.firedrive.com/

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Exactly and people were all about us moving to this hoster and I told them that it's likely a lot of these hosters will not continue to provide service the way they have been for free. Free is not exactly a sustainable business model and it's only a matter of time before more and more of them go that route. Also now that net neutrality is dead in the water we're really boned. Thanks for the post, I knew they changed it up but wasn't aware of the details.

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

mmmm 'key... so far I find Dropbox the best for sharing shit. Shit being my client's work. :rofl:

If we're talking about downloading warez then all of those file hosting servers are fucked IMHO. Free always works for me. I'm a cheep 'ore. :rofl:

I'm also not that interested in using the tools that cost a lot but give you nothing more than free or cheap tools [plugins]. I just like to test things and if I really like something I'll buy it if I find it useful. But you know, lately I can't find the way to find an EQ for over 100$ useful. Lots of these are just overpriced overhyped junk with a nice GUI. Instruments are a little bit different story, but compressors, limiters, EQs are just pretty much all the same. If you can't make a decent mix with 6.5 plugins you're pretty much not talented, but good tools can give you the edge, if you know what I mean and they don't necessarily cost your mother's or father's organs. :bleh: