Push 2, Launchpad Pro for Live.

Discussion in 'Live' started by Stevie Dude, May 15, 2021.

?

If you gotta choose ?

1. Ableton Push 2

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Novation Launchpad Pro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Hey, I'm in the market for a Live Midi controller. I've just bought the Novation Launchkey MK3 and fall in love with the deep Live integration built-in. I'm almost got myself a M-Audio Oxygen Pro but canceled last minute after discovered the MK3 because I think that the MK3 is more suitable for me and I'm not wrong.

It's so good but I want more, on the desk, in front of me, Push 2, because I rather set up the Launchkey on a keyboard stand near me, also to control my other synth. I saw someone selling used Push 2 in superb condition around USD300 somewhere here (Facebook Marketplace) but then some random dude on a Facebook group said that Novation Launchpad Pro is already enough and only 1/2 the price of the Push 2. The bad side of it you won't get a display. You won't need it he said.

Just wondering if anyone is a Launchpad Pro user here and do ever feel like you want to get Push 2 even when you have the Launchpad Pro ? Also the user of both or Push 2, share your experience please.

Also, it looks like a Push 3 is coming.

3. genlab

genlab Member

I had push 1 and 2 before all sold...buy an iPad with Touchable pro app ...this is a killer Controller for live

4. Warwick

Warwick Member

And the Push 1 is only 1/2 the price of the Launchpad Pro and still has a display and 8 encoders...

We don't know about your workflow. For myself I would miss that screen. A lot.

5. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

you mean this one ? >>

gotta check em out now, got an iPad lying around and been using it for ebook and graphic novels only. maybe can finally make some use out of it.

6. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

you think Push 1 is still relevant even in this Live 11 era ?

7. genlab

genlab Member

Try out touchable pro ok it's 30 Euros but with it...full display can control devices with the finger and mixing is even easier then with push 2

8. genlab

genlab Member

It's also what you want to do ? I have launchkey 61 mk3 too with iPad Pro and touchable and all I can say the workflow with these both is 50 percent better and 100 percent deeper like say session view clips have names ...mixer control I can see around 30 channels on 1 page...and Ableton devices have the same graphics like Ableton... and easier than with push 2 .the only thing it's missed is the fixes length recording but for these an m4l device is available and is good working

9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

it has tons of function and the GUI is pretty too, but it is not what I'm looking for, thanks for the suggestion. I kinda like the feel of a pad instead of the screen, also i'm afraid i'll break it. lol, thanks for the suggestion.

10. Warwick

Warwick Member

The Push 1 is more powerful than the Launchpad Pro and fully supported with Live 11. The Push 2's display has a few benefits, but is not a game changer.

For anyone who is on budget I can strongly recommend the Push 1.

11. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

apart from the graphic display and "stop clip" button, what else the Push 1 lacking ?

EDIT: Nvm, I found a video on youtube.