Purchased template from Wemakedancemusic - need conversion to windows and u get template :) [solved]

Discussion in 'Live' started by prog_trance_enthusiast, Sep 16, 2023.

1. prog_trance_enthusiast

prog_trance_enthusiast Ultrasonic

PM :)

2. triplechin

triplechin Guest

I envy your plugin list. mine is absurdly long in both vst2 and 3 and bridged. I only use about 15-20 3rd party plugins really, but every once in a while ya know, pulling out something different can be inspirational or whatever. Keeping it a short list is best though.

Glad you found a solution to this template issue. Really dumb they dont specify AU PLUGINS ONLY! in big bold letters. Not to mention a lack of follow up customer care - for what is totally THEIR fuck up. Personally, Id never treat my customers or fans this way..

3. prog_trance_enthusiast

Thanks man. Well it is not fully solved yet. Several polite people from here working on it. Website admin gave me code to get another template for free. And pointed to ask creator to fix the template.
    Oh, i had many many many plugins, few years ago but now im back to music to some extent, and installed new sdd, so going from scratch hahaha

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

It's good they let you get another working product replacement. But it is odd of them to put up a product for Ableton and then create it on a Mac using the AU format plugins. It doesn't look like that many are required and installing VST3 copies on the creators' Mac would not have been much effort for them to do. There are some Ableton users on Mac but it's not a combination used by some big percentage of Ableton users, or Mac users. Maybe this is a very new product for them, because they could not have sold many copies without having to fix it already.

5. prog_trance_enthusiast

Yeah it is possibly newer product. I love the sound and plugins used, really can hear my progressions and melodies to sound nice along this one. Well, the website is now aware of the issue. Hope they point creator to add vst version besides au version. I asked him too

6. prog_trance_enthusiast

Is there any way to know which parameters of plugin were animated? I got this in ableton, in original au project, with missing plugin. i can see automation, but how to know what was animated?
    https://ibb.co/QFSrGsD

7. MarkSlater

MarkSlater Producer

I sent you the project with the automations already converted. :mates:

8. prog_trance_enthusiast

OHHH Sorry woke up and rushed to see if there is anything new, but somehow didnt see message alert. Running to test it now!! THANK YOU!

9. prog_trance_enthusiast

Template issue SOLVED, thanks to @MarkSlater and @baldman! Both wonderful humas put much time into helping me, and Mark actually converted and recreated the whole thing! Incredible.
    I am so glad I am back to this wonderful place.
    Must note that two more humans offered help, I sent them template, but never got any info back from them. But now I found two trust worthy people.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

@prog_trance_enthusiast at the end did you really learn something using that template or do you think it was better to spend time make original music? You can always listen other artists music and get inspired, usually it works best like that.

11. prog_trance_enthusiast

I plan to use templates which I love how they sound, and learn from them. Start again from basics of creating chains, sidechains, EQing, mastering, compression. But this time that is not my main task, as It was in past tries (life would not let me dive into music). This time I create my tracks, using bones of few templates I love. I think I explained it well in my first post, and all is going according to plan, now that people helped me make template 100% usable.
    So upcoming weeks will be spent on analyzing it, as well as two other amazing sounding templates, but as side task, while experimenting with patches, sound design, my melodies, chord progressions etc. I do listen to lot of artists and styles. But now only interested in Anyma style melodic techno, Afterlife records style, then some organic, granular, maybe even synthwave space chill music. That is my focus.
    So yes, templates will help me get my tracks sound nice in beginning, while I can focus on the actual music. Later I will be able to do it myself hopefully.

12. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

if it works for you then good luck, just remember music is about feeling and emotions, sometimes thinking too much make everything robotic, boring and lifeless. Analyzing stuff is fine but playing music is always better.

13. prog_trance_enthusiast

Ofc man, I get it. And yes, that is why i wanted to express my melody, sound and feeling, without loosing time or energy to make each individual track (kick, bass, hats, pads, everything) sound at least decent. And found few templates that do sound decent. Now I can play with everything else. I dont have time to shoot in dark with trying to understand whole eq, compression, level, sidechain process from 0. I just want to make track or two, using templates that sound like tracks from real life, that I like. Then I will grind the rest.