Pultec EQs are the easiest mastering tools.

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by hackerz4life, Nov 28, 2021.

Tags:
?

Pultec for mastering.

1. Preach brother.

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Yes, its amazing how many times it works.

20 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. I have never tried it for mastering.

12 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. I prefer clean digital EQs .

11 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. I honestly have no idea how to use it, i need to learn first.

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. I prefer other tools.

21 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

That is some high quality humor right there. Not quite Harvard level but one day....

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  2. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

This is not a humor. If the best tools for you are those which won't let you make mistakes, than you do a lot of mistakes. It's as simple as (A => B, !B) => !A

3. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Oh boy...really?
    I like walking on grass therefore i prefer sleeping on it. That is your logic.
    You could try looking for Foster and keep this conversation going. Im out. Peace.

4. justwannadownload

Merry way.
    This pisses me off tho. The logic is simple - people who benefit the most from preventing mistakes are the ones who make most mistakes. It's even in the way the words go. And that person said that much themselves, to boot. Now tho they throw in this pathetic excuse for a counterargument. The sheer insolence!
    Anyways, time I go on my merry way too. This is clearly not moving anywhere.

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

There's been productive comments both in favor and against Pulteq over other solutions. You can agree or not with the OP but is not a crazy thought.
    It's not a "This one is shit"-like thread. But some are more interested in talking trash of it and, by association, of the OP.

6. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

I am not surprised. Its a reflection of the current state of the world.
    They also lack common logic and see everything that questions their workflow as a threat and people who respond that way usually learn slow or they dont progress as musicians or mixing engineers.
    I have seen over the years people arguing and trying to school others while their mixes sound horrible and yet they have the ego to do it anyway.
    When people make fun or ridicule a powerful tool, like a Pultec, that has been proven workhorse in countless masterings, well that itself tells me more than anything basically.

7. justwannadownload

"The state of world", lol.
    Says the guy who literally spend a month of his life juxtaposing various "shitty" DSP here and on sister site to MUH NEBULUH unprovoked while encountering literally the same behaviour, albeit less vitriolic and actually supported by logic, towards himself.

@Xupito
    I don't have gripes with pultec. I mean, it's a one-trick pony, plain as a brick, but if everything you need is a brick than it will do, I guess.
    I do have gripes with bigots and narcissists, however. Sometimes I don't poke them, sometimes I can't help myself. Especially when they first start by trying to ridicule others, like this guy did. He should've been banned from here back when he first touched his keyboard and spilled his bile, far as I'm concerned. All he says, he did himself. Towards me and towards others, unprovoked.

On topic, No Avenger said it best. A good digital EQ and some saturation are way more flexible. That's all there is to it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

"There is all there is to it."

No its not.
    Flexibility should not be the main drive in mastering and digital EQ + saturation while a proven process is just one of many ways to do it.

The real question is always what is needed not what is flexible and sometimes the less obvious tool is needed. A tool is a tool.

You are getting all emotional about a tool. No one is trying to force you into anything, its nothing personal.
    You are overreacting.

9. justwannadownload

I am getting emotional about your attitude. A person of your knowledge and skill should be humble and quiet.
    I'm truly done with it tho. It is pointless.

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Perhaps changing "dislikes" to "disagrees" on both parts would've been better. Buy yes, I get that @hackerz4life was too strong too on some of his opinions.
    I'd probably vote disagree more in his posts more if he hadn't that great avatar... damn there goes my unbiased opinion :rofl:

11. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

He grabbed the official Gong image I captured/posted and used it as avatar..

So that's why it looks so good,
    it wouldn't be even half as good if it wasn't for that.. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

My bad, my almost-neighbor bro. Credit where is due. You're the man :beg::shalom::winker:

13. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Actually i captured the screenshot of the R2R installer. :wink:

14. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I dream of placing a track in a supermarket rotation. Do you really think Falcon can make a difference for me?