Pulsar Modular - Plugins Not Working While Preset Folder Remains

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lumberjack88, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Lumberjack88

Lumberjack88 Noisemaker

All the Pulsar Modular plugins are freezing my DAW (Studio One 6 on a Windows 11 latest update desktop PC).

I tried R2R as well as Moria relases with various release versions (P42 Climax 5.1 and 5.0.8 etc.) and not one of these plugins (P42, P11, Filter etc.) work if the presets folder in Users/Public/Public Documents/Pulsar Modular remains. As soon as I removed the preset folders, the plugins started to work again perfectly. I checked the properties of the Pulsar Modular folder and the read-only attribute is marked with a blue background and a minus in the foreground. I can try to disable this attribute for a moment and apply it, but as soon as I check the properties back again, the read-only attribute is enabled once again. Is that the root of the problem, permission rights? I also started Studio One as administrator but this didn't help, either.

Any idea as to how to deal with this problem? I'm not even sure how to use self-made presets with these plugins when the plugin folder is removed. It won't let me load any plugins from external folders...

3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Weird problem.
    I moved my "Pulsar Modular" folder out of "Public Documents" folder just to test it.
    The plugins still loads ok but just doesn't have presets and can't access the manuals.

Windows 10 (22h2) Studio One v6.1.

4. Lumberjack88

Lumberjack88 Noisemaker

Can anybody, who's Pulsar Modular plugins are working correctly, show me their permissions/attributes of their Pulsar Modular preset folder?

Here's the presest folder path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Pulsar Modular

And here are my folder attributes of the pulsar modular folder:

[​IMG]