Pulled the trigger, got Amethyst III

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by ed-enam, May 16, 2017.

1. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

always, for any product, people should read manuals! :) my personal moto is :"read the manual" (and I'm not even joking) :guru:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Thanks for the props im Def a huge AA user and its really awsome to see so much interest in AA here in this Forum \m/ as a very good friend of mine here in Colorado says>>>you make wise choice hahahahha... i dont have a favorite Acqua or Nebula library because they all can serve a purpose for my mixing needs>>> ill say this among the majority of mixes i do you will find these Acqua and Nebula in there somewhere >>> Sand,Gold,Coral,Amethyst,Pink,Tan,Pearl 2 and White2>>> Nebula>>> to many to list but of my favorites will be Henry Olonga pre's and presets,Alex B,Tim P, AITB,Cupwise and many others... For me they are the finest ITB tools around \m/ i never just slap on anything in any mix just to be doing so... i only use them where i feel they are needed and or if im just adding color and life... i might have a song from a customer where i use very little processing Acqua,Nebula, but then again i do get songs tracks that are so stale and lifeless they get much more AA processing to bring em back to life>>> ive tried time and time again to get this kind of results with Algo... im not gona say i cant get a great mix with just algo but just like Real Gear their is somthing special with Acustica Audio processing that has kept me ITB for many years now...back in the beginning of using AA plugs i did mixes for customers with Algo with Acustica Audio, and Real Gear>>> and let them pick... They always chose the Real Gear and Acustica Audio mixes over the Algo everytime... Honesty the algo mixes sound great until you pair it with the mixes with AA,and Real Gear... to me and to my customers its just that space/depth everything takes on and that life like Airy feel that WINS everytime \m/ if you ever worked with alot of gear then come over to Algo you'll know the diference... its just my personal taste for sound ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

True. Though i will say that if you know your gear and know which tools to use and what to look for, which tone to chase, then you can get really close to the real thing with algos, but the price is more plugins, more time, more stress, careful selection of your source material or great tracking gear.
    Experience and trained ears is the most important criteria here, no AA or analog gear will make you a great producer, audion engineer if you dont know what to look for.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Bad thing is thereĀ“s no demo version - Im really tempted, but......................... no demo version!

5. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

There is

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Really? any chance you could point me to this demo?

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  7. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

It's here, but you also have to create an account with them for authorizing the trials : http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=246

Clearly for anyone interested, the best strategy is still to try.
    The same goes for saying which is the "best" library when it comes to comparing hw that have been sampled by AA and other third p dev, for example Magenta versus MMeQ. I prefer MMeQ but it's really a subjective option. Quality of the sampling matters, what was sampled, etc, but ultimately let your ears do the decision.
    Nebula takes a bit to get use to, but it has a lot more libraries available, and it's cheaper. Acquas also have exclusives and the workflow is better. Also acquas that come out now and nebulas libraries that come out now and are done with the new capacities of the latest Nebula 4 (which for now concerning third party dev is none) are bound to be more faithfull and offer more posssibilities, it's only the latest tech that allow to do dynamic eqs for example, no older library on N3 can offer that.
    To me there is no reason to oppose them. I have use for my acquas, N3 and N4.
    What's awesome is that things are only going to get better.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Meh, manuals are for pussies.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

I must be a pussy then, lol........ outside of the old Roland manuals that were translated from Japanese to Italian to English, I've never met a manual I did not like.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Right on brother ! i can get it with Algo i just prefer what i use now i get there alot quicker ;) >>> heres a song from my old band Mindset from back in 2004... i Recorded Mix and Master this at my House just using a Boss recorder.... i dumped in onto my computer mixed it with Sonar, IK,and Waves plugs only.... i used 4 shitty mics on the drums and a 57 on snare..... a 57 on the bass cab and two 57's one on my cab and the other on my other guitarist cab>>> my singer was recorded with an Audix dynamic mic>>> we where all in a diferent room in my house an we recorded it live to the Boss 16 track... I had been workin in a few studios for a few years wen i did this so i had the know how i just wanted to record something outside the studio and free of charge.... after this recording wa wen i started building my own studio and buying up gear ;) Myspace has gottin screwed in the last few years but our info has changed its another bands info on our old page??? ive gota Email them an get it fixed just like i had to do for my personal page that got screwed up wen they changed over to the new myspace lol those fuckers haha >>>> but here check it out https://myspace.com/minset69/music/song/follow-me-44655321-47670501

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Heres another song from that same recording session ill have to pull up the original tracks and post em so you can here what they sounded like befor i started mixing them... i have em stored away in my basement in a box ill just have to dig em out \m/ its fun to dig up old material tho if nothing else its good for a laugh HAHA \m/ here it is>>>https://myspace.com/minset69/music/song/the-lesson-37808112-39921680

12. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Lol I'm kind of hooked to manuals too. And TBH acquas manuals are work of art, so it's kind of worth the reading.
    @Von_Steyr funilly illustrated what seems to be the dominant spirit this days in the music area.
    A few music professional forums wouldn't even exist if people read the f...g manuals. Half the tutorials existing would also be useless. :rofl:. There is a florishing economy coming straight from the lack of reading skills of some producers, engineers...:guru:

Nice ones @Jaymz ! :metal::headbang:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

This is so true i remember like 20 years ago i purchased a huge entertainment center LOL >>> i never would read a manual never needed too untill this time>>> so bout 3/4 the way into assembling this thing i realised i used 4 screws that i needed on the first part of the build hahahahaha >>> hence i has to tear it down and re build it>>> took forever so from that point on in life i Read manuals for everything>>> at least look it over anyway HAHA :mates:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I prefer audio books, thank you. :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Was just mixing a snare and needed something for the final touch. Tried everything from a to z, limiters, eqs, saturators, compressors....after one hour i put the AA freebie Red EQ on the track, 10 secs of work and i had the sound i was looking for. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  16. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

1997, those were some great times. Sounds pretty good, typical indie rock production for that era, reminds me of early Godsmack, at least the vibe :headbang:
    Gtrs are pro level, drums are almost there.
    Man , wtf did they do with myspace. It used to be an amazing place for bands.
    Great stuff, both songs :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2017
  17. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I found the original tracks from 2004 haha... i loaded them up in sonar panned the guitars left and right and renderd a short piece of The Lesson>>> just loaded it to soundcloud so you can hear it dry as recorded with the lil bit of recording gear i had in 2004 lol ill have to dig up the original finished master but you can hear it on Myspace for now using the link ;) the finished master link>>>https://myspace.com/minset69/music/song/the-lesson-37808112-39921680

18. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

2004....my bad...its almost 2 in the morning and i just finished mixing., too damn tired...

19. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Thanks brother but Myspace has the Wrong info for our band with another band lol>>> this was in 2004.... if you go to this link and under our profile picture click on mindset you will see its Kingsport Tn lol thats what it should say lol.... wenever they changed myspace they screwed up alot of profiles ive gota msg them and get my password cause i cant even log into it to change the info back lol.... my personal page was the same way they screwed it up too took me 3 months to get it back >>>if any of you have old myspace try to log in you will see what im takin bout its crazy >>> they Fucked it all up lol but thanks man yeah this was our original stuff back then \m/

20. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

They fucked it all up ! you are right >>> back in the day it was pretty killer>>> then they changed it ruined it and screwed up almost everyones profiles that had one.... most people i know cant even log into their page>>> our original info said we was a Modern Rock band but they have us taged to some other indie band>>> but all our songs our name is still there just the info is wrong???:dunno: i emaild them to get it fixed but i dont expect anything anytime soon >>> for my personal profile took 3 months to get it back lol:rofl: