Publish Yourself

Discussion in 'digital labels' started by MrGold, Jun 29, 2011.

1. MrGold

MrGold Newbie

Yo Audiosexers, I was replying to a topic earlier and thought this was maybe worth a post for people that maybe didnt look at the thread as it wasnt totaly specific.Delete this if you want Saint if you think it is enough in the other thread but that was for general info. I do not work or have anything whatsoeveeeeeer to do with the website i am recommending.I am doing it as my friend uses it successfully.
    The website is http://www.tunecore.com/ and it is a worldwide digital distribution service.
    You register for free but then come to a stage where you need to pay for the software that you upload your tracks with and get assigned your ISRC tags etc which every track released HAS to have.The software is a one time cost of about $80-$100 but after that each track you release is $9.99/year per Single and $49.99/year per Album for worldwide coverage in 20-30+ stores including Beatport ,Juno,Dj Download, Amazon ,iTunes etc etc tec.Some companys charge $50 for the ISRC tag alone!! You just upload the tracks and your artwork and off it goes.What amazes me also is i know of a few people that have started their own labels and they do not allow them to go on Beatport until they have been trading for 6 months on other outlets!As with all stores they take part of your sale and you actually get more than you would per sale than if signed with a label as far as i know and it's a good way of getting your music out there.My friend has done 15-20 releases and you can call yourself a label as the release info on a lot of the stores or it comes under Rebeat Music if the store dosent allow self naming of the label. I was going to do it myself but luckily didnt need to in the end.Check it out and see,there are others company that do it also but like i said ,i know a friend uses this successfully. Sorry i cant give more info as im sure there's more to know but check out the site and if you want me to ask my pal a question i will mail him for you.Hope it helps.....
    :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: