PSPaudioware PSP VintageWarmer2 updated to 2.7.0

Discussion in 'Software News' started by mild pump milk, Jul 20, 2017.

1. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

PSP VintageWarmer2 updated to 2.7.0

New:
    • Added VST3 format.
    • Added 30 day demo period.
    • Added "bulb" icon to the preset bar. It enables/disables hints.
    • Preferences storage supports SandBoxed Hosts (Logic, Garage Band, etc.).
    • Added alternative scale for MicroWarmer's meters (change scale by clicking meter).
    Changes:
    • Updated needles animation.
    • Updated edit boxes.
    • Updated scroll response of all controls.
    • Updated double click response for RearPanel knobs.
    • Knobs reset to default also while holding Alt key (for Pro Tools and Logic Pro users).
    • Authorization is now supported by PACE.
    • Supports latest Operating Systems (Windows 10, macOS Sierra).
    • Graphics engine improved.
    Bug-fixes:
    • Various minor bug-fixes.

Read more at www.pspaudioware.com

3. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

iLok only. Seems that they move to iLok step by step.

5. andeby

andeby Member

Am I the only one that thinks they shoot themselves in the foot by using iLok? I'm never installing that crap on my PC so even at a massive sale I wouldn't buy anything using iLok.

6. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

You don't need to have a dongle, only an ilok accournt.

7. andeby

andeby Member

But you still need the iLok software though? Maybe it's not as bad as people claim but I personally don't trust it.

8. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

Yes, you need the software, I have it installed for my soundtoys and eventide licenses, it caused me no trouble so far...

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

imagine you have no internet and want to reauth your plugin, well not possible with ilok, because the serial is not handled by the plugin, but by the PACE software+ you need to install PACE, which i refuse to do.

wouldnt buy anything either which uses any nice authorization.

10. andeby

andeby Member

The problem with iLok is that it installs itself in the same way a rootkit malware would. It has total control and could potentially destroy your setup if say a bugged update was released. When I buy software I don't want to pay for less convenience. If you turn to the pirated versions of some of these plugins you can avoid iLok all together and many of them even load faster and use less resources. That is what I mean by shooting themselves in the foot, I'm not going to pay if it means I am forced to install software I don't want that makes the whole process less convenient. I personally think they should turn to better ways to give users incentive to purchase their products, such as the rent-to-own system that some are implementing.

11. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

i would like to see an proof of this . thanks

12. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

I like and fully believe in the option of offering both license methods. I like having things on an one of my iLok as it means along with a few tiny flash thumb drives i am able to take my stuff wherever I might want to/need to without much else and be able to use what I have on any machine, Usually it will be someone I know/am working with.

However I do not at all like and agree with the dongle and elaborate license management software as the lone/only option which a developer offers to their potential or updating customers at all.

Yes, Developers do shoot themselves in the foot sometimes, I understand it is due to cracked versions spreading like wildfire but in the long term it does not help as far as I can tell, I'm not upto date with what's available "liberated" and what has yet to be defeated, It is usually just a matter of time though as to when the <insert the uncrackable anti-piracy method still not available without stumping up for a license here>. That is what the team's enjoy along with just poking holes in and sometimes I've been shown outright mocking developer's for cakeing the layer's of protection method's involved on way to thick and just extremely unoptimized, Which obviously as pointed out by someone already, Is a big kick in the teeth to people that pay!

Ideally it is a simple license file which you get when purchasing a license, Load the plugin and it asks you to load the license/authorization file first run and then it is done. The people that pay for a license will do so, The people that will not pay for one just will not, It's been like this for alongtime.

The absolute worst shit though is this subscription model and cloud based stuff some developers use. I can not stand that personally and two things which I will avoid and resist out of principle.

All the best to all as awalys, It should be about keeping it simple and putting the onus on just delivering the best possible tools for the job, That kind of quality really does sell itself more than any advertizing campaign, Especially the manner in which word of mouth spreads so rapidly via the internet nowadays. :wink:

Dean

13. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I had an issue with my SSD and had to format it. Due to that I could not unregister my iLok plugins beforehand. So I wrote an e-mail to iLok support to please reset the activiations for that machine. Guess what: the message bounced right back. There's not even a support email on there website to be found anywhere. The one I had was from a rest notification I got a few months back when I had to reset the activations.

So, I contacted Eventide because I bought plugins from them and asked if they could reset my activations so I can activate Plugins again. They have been very helpful in the past with doing that. They said a reset has been issued, but when I had a look, it was not for thr computer I asked them for. So I replied again. Still waiting for a response. I hope it gets sorted out. Luckily the vendors are helpful if you have any issues.

That's what I hate about the iLok company. They don't give a fuuuuuuuuuck if you have any issues with your licences.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017