PSA (of sorts): R2R's LiquidSonics from almost last year don't work properly

Discussion in 'Software' started by justwannadownload, Dec 31, 2021.

1. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

So I stumbled upon the recent comment on sister site saying that R2R missed some hidden checks in their LiquidSonics releases, and decided to finally try them. And what do you know, the commenter was right!
    After approximately 20 minutes of work the three plugins I tried (Lustrous Plates, Illusion and Cinematic Rooms Pro) just stop any audio output completely. All three at the same time when inserted into one project. Win10, FL 20.7, all x64.
    Wanted to share this long overdue info. Anybody else with similar (or perhaps opposite) experience?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

The R2R Seventh Heaven Pro also doesn't work properly apparently. It doesn't stop output, but it behaves strangely with mod parameters and has other strangeness and sounds different to legit version.

4. HammerTiMe

HammerTiMe Producer

Yes. R2R Liquidsonics are known to be fallacious releases. And unfortunately never fixed

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Anybody like it when the developers win?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. justwannadownload

What did they win exactly? Not my money, that's for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Jayster

Jayster Kapellmeister

Thing is, if are the dev of a plugin, only you know the inner depths of your DSP code.. It is then possible to implement a superb-hidden trap deep into that code that is almost impossible to find unless you understand all the internals of the entire DSP model/concept.

R2R removed all encryption envelopes successfully, but the last trap(s) the dev created obviously were burried too deep in the DSP code. The invest of time and resources R2R would have needed to remove it just grew too high. Same with Syncrosoft Dongle for Cubase. You can reverse and emulate it if you put enough time, energy and effort into it. But do you really wanna scrifice couple of years of your life for that?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

Lustrous Plates problem is only with the vst3 version , the vst2 one works fine

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  9. waverider

waverider Rock Star

So is Cinematic Rooms broken as well? I was under the assumption at least that one works.

I'd just be happy to know that the teams know about this, I'm confident they'll fix it when the right time comes. R2R was too proud of that accomplishment to let a faulty release just slide by unfixed.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  10. justwannadownload

No. At least for me, the VST2 version is broken. I never use VST3 unless there's no other option, so I didn't even install it.

11. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

It would probably require too much time and effort for R2R to completely reverse engineer a program, ocassionaly something may slip by them, but as soon as they are informed and aware of the issues issues they always work on it. Vr also is the same as soon as they are aware of issues they resolve them almost immediately, hence the rev2 or rev3 releases. These teams try their absolute best to consistently bring us quality releases, but occasionally something may get by them, so we need to help informing them of the problem and let them rework their magic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

"Fallacious" is a strange word to use in describing the release, but yes, they do not work properly.

13. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

If you claim to be what your nickname is, then why would you ask such a question?

14. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It was a philosophical question regarding a never ending game of cat and mouse. Even the most hated football team would garner a little sympathy if they kept on losing 6-0 every week :)

15. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Yeah when Liquidsonic Reverberate 1 and later 2 first got cracked they very soon released an update and that one got cracked pretty quickly and a new update was released very soon and that got cracked so on so Liquidsonic switched to iLok protection

BUT the most important thing is they didnt release something NEW sonically with all those updates they only changed the protection schematic and maybe fixed some bugs.

So if you have the latest Liquidsonic Reverberate 2 with the Briscati M7 IR you got Seventh Heaven as i didn't hear ANY difference sonically between those two plugins oh they changed the GUI but who cares about that?
    Only people with no ears.

16. waverider

waverider Rock Star

@Guitarmaniac64
    the bricasti in seventh heaven has significant differences to the one in reverberate, they used a different tech for seventh heaven that is much more advanced.