protools 12.5HD and modern/vintage AAX's

Discussion in 'Software' started by saccamano, Jul 7, 2023.

1. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Curious to find out how many are using PT 12.5HD (audio utopia) with AAX's of new and older vintage. Been using PT12.5 for a few years now and pretty much every single AAX plugin new or old (that I have thrown at it at least) works with it just fine natively. No need to run bluecat with them or some other wrapper. I realize there is the "newer" AAX standard that seemingly only works with the newer PT versions... BUT, either I have just somehow "forest-gumped" my way into a perfect working record with AAX plugins (new or old), or as luck would have it I just haven't installed anything that was strictly "new AAX".

Just wondering if most everyone else running 12.5HD is seeing similar results or is having issues?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  3. julianbre

julianbre Producer

I'm running PT12.5 on a second computer and have never had problems with any plugins from the sister site. Same goes for legit plugins.
    The only problem I have encountered is PT crashing when using elastic audio. Has anybody figured this issue out?