Proper way to update to Kontakt 6?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by flguy, Jan 30, 2019.

1. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

I remember someone saying because I did batch re-saves to all my libraries in Kontakt 5.7.3 that upgrading might give me issues. Can I just upgrade to 5.8, then to 6.0, and then 6.0.2? Are there any extra steps to the upgrading process, or is it just the click of a few buttons like most other VST's? If there is, would someone be kind enough to explain the upgrade process? I'd like to upgrade to try new libraries, but I'm hesitant because I have 30 libraries that I'm afraid will mess up. Will my batch re-saves all stay the same? Thanks.

3. Slaking_97

Slaking_97 Kapellmeister

Don't worry Kontakt 6 is an addition to Kontakt 5, not a replacement. So you just install the new version and you're done. It should automatically add all of your libraries to the new version and maintain the same settings. The batch re-save works as well. The only thing you have to import manually to Kontakt 6 when upgrading from 5 it's the quick-load items, the ones that show up when pressing right-mouse on the Kontakt workspace.
    good luck (but you won't need it hopefully)

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@flguy

Just install it following instructions provided in package. Kontakt 6 installs itself in a different folder as "Kontakt." Your version 5 is "Kontakt 5" Your VST in 6 is going to be "Kontakt" and 5 "Kontakt 5"

5. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Ok cool, should I upgrade to 5.8 first or can I go from 5.7.3 to 6.0.2 with no issues? Also I've seen that the Kontakt 6 updates are all the portable version. Can I still upgrade using that even though I'm not using a portable version? What exactly is the difference between the portable and regular versions?Thanks again for answering.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
    You dont need to go from Kontakt 5.7 to 5.8 to install Kontakt 6. just follow instructions in package. There is a regular Kontakt 6 and subsequent updates.

Portable Release features:
    0. Does not integrate into NI Maschine and Komplete Kontrol!
    1. Installation, including additional software (Service Center, Native Access, MS VS C ++ runtime), is not required.
    2. All settings are saved in the portable program folder (Windows registry and other system storages are not used, administrator rights are not required *).
    3. The Library Manager is integrated, providing full control over protected libraries, as well as allowing to register unprotected (self-made) libraries without generating nicnt-files.
    4. The possibility of simultaneous work with the installed version of the Kontact without conflicts and with different settings.
    5. No activation of protected libraries is required.
    6. Ability to edit password-protected scripts.
    7. The possibility of resaving with samples patches protected libraries.

Check your PM

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  7. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Right on, thank you!