Proper Classical Guitar Instruction Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Education' started by dim_triad, Aug 26, 2016.

1. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

I have been practicing fingerstyle for a month or so on my acoustic... then I broke down and bought a Cordoba C7 Classical Guitar.'

Obviously the net is filled to the hilt with instruction... but I know there are many of you that know some of thee more solid, "best bang for the buck" kinds of instruction.

Let know guys.gals... thanks community!!!

3. Preza

Preza Noisemaker

What I consider important is control excess moisture of your guitar. My recommendation is to buy a dehumidifier, specific for guitar.

4. I cannot help you concerning lessons, but...Preza is a little misinformed. Unless you live in a rain forest...

SUPER Important

With the winter coming up I would say just the opposite, nothing kills a guitar more than drying out. Over time it begins to crack, and that sucks big time . You need to humidify. You don't need to spend much, those little sponge things that fit in the soundhole are like 20 bucks and will do the deed. Check out these links...

http://www.chicagofretworks.com/2014/12/23/why-and-how-to-humidify-your-guitar-2015-edition/
    http://diymusician.cdbaby.com/musician-tips/3-tips-to-keeping-your-acoustic-guitar-humidified/

5. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

I meant like actual instruction on playing the style.

BUt I got what you guys are sayin..

I found this website... and I looked around at others for awhile... and I goin with this dude's... the 529 page pdf was 27$.

Check it out if you are interested or have criticisms.

http://learningtheclassicalguitar.com

It's A LOT to read I know... but this dude knows wTF is UP...

6. Good luck, I guess you just need to use your instinct to find a suitable teacher. I personally would prefer a teacher in the flesh.

7. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Yeah ...agree it might be worth it to get a good foundation from a real teacher... try it for a month.. and if you have some
    musical knowledge take charge of it..and tell the guy what you want to focus on, somtimes they will lead you down some
    dry technical path that squelches your inspiration and passion that got you in the door !

As far as moisture for your guitar... why spend more than a buck or two.. if you have a case.. usually with a little storage flap.. get one of those small plastic food storage containers, cut slits in the top, moisturize a cut to size piece of sponge to your liking, (don't leave it dripping wet) pop it in the container, and into your guitar case storage flap..
    Voila! you have now hacked humidity... :wink: