Propellerhead releases Reason 7.1

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Evorax, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

A year after it launched Reason 7, Propellerhead has announced the arrival of Reason 7.1. Not only that, but there's also a new modulation Rack Extension, Synchronous, which Reason 7.1 users can download for free until June 30.

Reason 7.1 promises an enhanced workflow, performance improvements and new Rack Extension SDK2 technology. What this new SDK enables we're not yet quite sure, but Propellerhead says that its "interactive graphic capabilities" have been put to use in Synchronous, which delivers rhythmically-synced effects.

According to Propellerhead, it's possible to "draw complex modulation waveforms with Synchronous's drawing tools," and "assign the waveforms to the built-in effect units and enjoy an energy boost to your sound."

We're told that Synchronous can create everything from "sidechain pumping and tremolos to beat repeating and tweaked-out wobbles".

You can get a taste of what Synchronous has to offer in the video below; the Reason 7.1 update is free for all Reason 7 users. The upgrade price for other Reason users remains at $129/€129.

HIGHLIGHTS:

* Reason 7.1 and Reason Essentials 2.1 comes with the new Rack Extension SDK 2 installed. The new SDK allows for a new generation of Rack Extensions with vastly improved display capabilities.

Workflow improvements:
    *Hold shift when reordering devices in a signal chain to automatically re-route
    *Better indications on audio clips to show if the clip has comp edits or slices
    *Slices in self-contained REX files can now be used as samples
    *Spectrum EQ button on Master Section device

Various improvements and bug fixes:
    *Reason can now import 32-bit float WAV files
    *CodeMeter version 5 included
    *Improved synchronization with Cubase in Rewire mode

For a full list of changes, see the Reason 7.1 / Reason Essentials 2.1 change log.

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

good for Propellerhead! :rofl:

4. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Exactly :wink:
    When they released Reason 7, everyone was speaking more about Ableton 9, and even the non-released Bitwig, than it :rofl:
    Last enthusiastic Reason release was v5.
    After that, it is a mess of (dead) Record, dongle, proprietary plugin format, pseudo "new" feature like...MIDI out ! :rofl:

I was a Reason lover, until i realized i was loosing my time with something limited by design, several years late (sound wise and feature wise) from the competition. Now they include RE plugins to keep up with the competition, nice move.
    But too late by at least 5 years.

That's the Props way : they try to convince you (and them) they don't need to implement something (audio recording, plugins, MIDI out to name a few).
    Just to realize they need to do it even if they don't want to. In the mean time, they lost 5 years of their and YOUR time :rofl:
    They are probably contaminated by Protools... (i know, i'm an a**hole :bleh: ).

Even for free, i would never loose my time with their products again.

So crackers, don't loose your time on WIBU ! Concentrate on eLicencer and even more iLok2 :bleh: :rofl:
    No, in fact, don't loose your time with any of them. And concentrate on real life and love :mates:

5. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I didn't said i like it either, but i thought there's interested Reason 7 users who would like to upgrade for free until June 30.

I honestly never liked to work with Propellerhead's version, i never finished a song in this daw, even when i tried a cracked version. It just killed my inspiration which usually were generated by workflow (and IMPOV it kinda sucks) :sad:

I think this year i will make a giveaway contest with the prize of latest Cubase version. I'll give the necessary cash to the guy who will want to afford it, and not the Essential or Artist Version, but the real full version. I'm dead serious. :bow:

I personally work in Studio One because it suits me the best, but i know Cubase is loved by alot of users so i'd be glad to make someone happy with it. I'm not rich, but i save money even when it comes about prizes. I don't really know how exactly i should pick up the winner, maybe randomly using an online app to generate a random winner. I don't know... :dunno:

By the way, next month i'll move to Czech Republic to make a producing/recording studio with some other producers from France and Portugal where i already got some clients, so i guess this year will be better for me too, so let's say i'll make the giveaway as a celebration.

6. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

It is a good information for v7 users for sure :wink:
    It was not against you :mates:
    I was just adding to ArticStorm "good for Propellerhead!" and my feeling about Props/Reason going down and down...

Even if i don't like Cubase, i think too it is probably the best DAW giveaway contest prize.

PS : i use Studio One too :wink: