Propellerhead Reason 10 coming soon (new shiny devices)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Oysters, Sep 22, 2017.

?

Are Reason upgrades too pricey?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. They are just right

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They're a bargain!

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

First of all: Not Reason X? what were they thinking....

Reason 10 will be released on 25 October for PC and Mac priced at $449/€405, while the cutdown Reason Essentials 10 will go for $129/€120. You’ll be able to upgrade from any previous version of Reason for $129/€129; anyone who purchased Reason 9 on or after 1 September will be able to upgrade for free.

Find out more on the Propellerhead Software website.

And also: Where do these guys keep getting those unbranded iMacs???

• Like Like x 6
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Had hoped by version 10 that they would finally flesh out the midi notation editor. :p Nice additions otherwise and the UI looks a bit cleaner.

4. tek909

tek909 Member

Hmmm, I wonder if people like myself, who purchased, Synchronus, pre Reason 10. Will we be able to upgrade to Reason 10 for a discounted price?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. T2000

T2000 Ultrasonic

Impressed in a way that they are making more major updates. Makes Live seem rather dull for focusing on Push and the somewhat odd website educational toy.

6. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Way too pricey. Considering I can upgrade Logic X if Logic 11 comes out, probably for free. Most developers charge like $99 for an upgrade, these guys charge $129. That $30 doesn't sound huge but when you're a broke musician, it actually is. I own Reason 9.5 yet I don't use it that much. In fact, I haven't even touched it in over 3 months. Depending on the features and feedback from other users, I may or may not proceed with purchasing the upgrade. I put myself on a 4 month budget to not spend more than $40 per month on music software. I'm one almost past the first month and I promised myself I wouldn't give way. So even if I do buy this, it won't be until January.

7. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

It's about the same price as (edu) Live.

8. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

too many better options out there.
    I suspect reason wont survive the next 5 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Spacely

Spacely Producer

I agree better options out there. Last version of Reason I owned is Reason 3.0. However about them only lasting 5 more years I will say no. Think about it they lasted all this time without VST support until recent. If they could do that for all those years I think they can continue on.

10. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

Reason has been around for 17 years, it's probably not going anywhere, and this huge release (10) with VST support already in place, can have you set for life. It can be hard to appreciate this software without diving deep, preferably reading the entire manual (it's the most well-written manual I've ever read, I actually enjoyed it -- Studio One probably the worst I've read), but I loved the interface so much that nothing could keep me away from it.

The workflow is amazingly creative, routing etc, so much fun to be had. Everything works perfectly with everything, it is SO well thought-out. EASILY the best sequencer I've ever tried, but if you spend 15 minutes with it and don't bother with the manual, of course you're not going to see half of its benefits.

Simply the most fun I've ever had making music, and I just love how the interface encourages creativity. Very, very solid piece of software.

Lastly, one of the most important benefits with Reason is that since every module comes from the same bunch of guys, everything follows the same logic. Doesn't exactly hurt the workflow..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017