Prony V-Metal and double tracking

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Diabulus in Musica, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

I need double tracking for a guitar track but I have some difficulties with Studio One 2. In the V-Metal manual there's written "The multi; ‘V_METAL _double_track’ already includes the instruments for left channel (assigned to the output; ‘st.1’) and the ones for right channel (assigned to the output; ‘st.2’ so that each channel can be processed separately using a DAW. In other words, each channel needs to have its own amp simulator and should be panned using the DAW’s mixer. Insert an amp simulator to each DAW's channels from Kontakt. After being processed with an amp simulator, the st.1 needs to be panned to the Left, and the st.2* needs to be panned to the Right."

[​IMG]

Do you know how can I do that in Studio One 2?

Thanks! :bow:

3. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

You need to go to the "Instrument" tab in the mixer, and activate the needed outputs of the virtual instrument.
    By doing that, they show up as individual channels in the mixer.

4. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Simple, I do it everyday.

First go into konakt and open up the channel mixer like stated above. Created 2 new channels to st1/st2. Then go into the actually options tab for your kontakt [not your library] and then assign the channels in there to go to whatever effects channels you need in your main mixer. You'll have to save your project in most daws for the channel routing to work though.

I'm not sure of the exact "menu by menu" guide for you since I don't use that Daw but it's not that bad. I could tell you step by step in FL Studio or Pro Tools but yeah.

Just a warning for some reason the left/right on that double track multi likes to reset the channels on the instruments inside of your multi. Not sure if it's a glitch or something I just did.

Also just a tip. You don't need the full double track multi. It's far too big and you won't use the whole thing. I suggest taking the single track multi and adding 2 of the lite versions to it. Clean as hell, load is much smaller and you wont run out of slots in your kontakt for instruments should you need to add extra stuff.

If you take a screenshot I may be able to help you find the kontakt settings. But as stated it shouldn't be hard if you know what your looking for. You could also probably find a tutorial on the net if you look for "Studio 1 kontakt routing channels"

5. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Also a warning watch how you pan. If you pan the actual multi left/right it screws with Guitar Rig. You'll just be killing your signal. Not to mention many guitar rig set ups are panned inside of guitar rig. Basically make sure you pan them only once since there are 3 different places to do it. If you over pan it'll get bad.

6. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Thanks guys! :mates: