Promotion Secrets: .........

Discussion in 'Education' started by Trevor Gordon, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

Being the busy guy with little time and focus to indulge in promotion, I haven't really found a whole lot of options as of yet, but the two so far that I've found have worked I will share. Please share your ideas and "secrets" to promotion too!

So the first one I'll mention which seems to be a growing trend on Soundcloud is "repost" accounts. Some users (instead of groups) have posted up accounts where they are willing to share your music if you got what they are looking for. Some of them consist of thousands of followers, so this can be very useful. I was able to get my latest track on a couple good house ones- Plug!

The next one was "heartthis" which I'm still a little skeptical of. It doesn't look to be the best solution to getting plays, but it does have a option where you pay 2$ and they will feature your track for 24 hours. I have yet to see if this is effective, since I just gave it a try.

I will share other ideas down the road. I guess the best you can do is get a label interested and they just do all the promotion for you! They say 1/3 should be spent doing music and 2/3 on promotion if you really want to make it as an artist in the music world. I'm lucky to even get 1/100 in...lol

3. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

i would share, but its a secret....

4. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

This should be a pretty informative thread if people are willing to share some quality information, I hope it grows.
    Hey, @Trevor Gordon how did you find/or what do you use to search for repost accounts on soundcloud?

Another good place for us to put our music are youtube channels unrelated to music especially ones that already have a following. For example channels about; gaming, fitness, news, etc.

5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

6. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

one avenue, it seems, would be posting it to a warez site. I saw a fellow the other day who's loop pack had 4500 hit, yet his SC song only had 306 listens...
    that also speaks to how many folks check the background of where their material comes from..
    I have seen another fellow who was a very prolific writer and semi-successful, it seemed fishy that his warezed material seemed to help his cause.

very interesting topic, I hope it grows

7. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

Je te suis sur Soundcloud. Tu frises l'Excellence :wink:

8. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

Hey man. You can just type in "repost" in search and you'll get a bunch