ProjectSam Symphobia 2

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by snubz_music, Mar 4, 2013.

1. snubz_music

snubz_music Newbie

ProjectSam Symphobia 2 v1.3.3 KONTAKT I have this awhile back but didn't manage to get it running can someone tell me how to install ? when I run Mac Installer( Symphobia 2 Installer Mac.mpkg), it keeps on asking me for DVD1 any ideas?

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Snubz,

It asks you that because the original Library ('legitimate' version) is provided with DVDs.
    So, either you must to first burn (if not already done !) the number of needed DVDs with the full content of that 'ProjectSam Symphobia 2' Library, or to 'mount' each DVD with an appropriate program, and indicate each virtual DVD 'mounted' each time that the 'Symphobia 2 Installer' will ask you for it...
    As I'm mainly a PC user, I can only suggest you a programs like 'Daemon Tools', not sure that it exists for MAC OSX.
    Maybe you can use 'Toast' for that purpose. It seems to me that this program is very powerful and useful for many MAC users. *yes*

4. Feridan

Feridan Newbie

If you have the content DVD as .iso you can use Toast to mount it.

Or you can burn it using hdiutil from the Terminal. Just type

hdiutil burn

and then drag the .iso file into the Terminal window.

Should look like this:

$ hdiutil burn whatever.iso

Toast burns iso as well, but I've had problems in the past with obscure formats like
    those for old EMU samplers. hdiutil always worked.

5. Ixirel

Ixirel Newbie

run the installer, run the first, pkg
    cancel everything,
    open all the pkg with : show package contents and extract Archive.pax
    look for samples and move to symphobia samples library
    open kontakt
    add library...

its working on my mac

:)

6. Ponstory Games

Ponstory Games Ultrasonic

Download PowerISO (it's free), then mount the BIN/ISO files (they're yellow CD icons) by right-clicking them and mounting them to a virtual drive.

7. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Or just snag Symphobia 2 v1.5 (it's around if you care to look), which has no installer and also has a much better GUI (and additional content, I believe).

I recall burning the individual .dmg files to DVD via Toast when I installed it originally, but I have also just mounted the individual files as disk images. You'll want to make sure they show up as "disk" icons and not hard drive icons, or the installer will ignore them, which is why Toast is probably your best bet.