Project Poor Mans Satellite

Discussion in 'PC' started by Katze, Aug 9, 2024.

1. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Hi. You really shouldn't this. It degrades speed badly and slows down communication as well due to the ad-hoc connection between two comps. A 15-20 euros/dlrs will get you a 1gbps switch with 5 ports or more and you will have peace of mind and expandability on your local network as well:)
    Cheers

2. clone

clone Audiosexual

i'm not. he says you cannot use a Cat5 ethernet cable in his post. I know that you can. When you buy a computer that has an ethernet port, unlike the first post. You can even using audiogridder over wifi, but it really lags. Still, it works.

Anything you do like this, including OS virtualizations via Wine; whatever, are going to impact performance, bottom line. And trying to run multiple instances of Altiverb are not going to happen on the machine pictured in the first post.

It's not a communication issue. It's a reading failure.

3. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

unless using really old PCs (early 2000's), this is no longer a problem,
    vast majority of network interfaces have built-in switching logic for direct connection without need for crossover cable
    :chilling:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

This is true. It's why I said you "may" need a crossover. It is directly out of their help documents and someone on here at one point actually had the problem solved by that info. It can be helpful to cover bases when someone obviously does not read. Unfortunately, there is no fix for stupid.