Profire 2626 as external ad/da converter

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by mkdj77, Sep 9, 2024.

1. mkdj77

mkdj77 Member

Im super happy that i got one profire (old for 2024) but i like it as i worked on this same device at a studio some 8 10 years back and he gave me.

Mainly i want to use it as external ad da converter by routing the audio from my main interface zoom u44
    Through the spdif (optical/coaxial) output

I have couple of problem with firewire and standalone mode
    The firewire port and optical coax ports are working well but i have some issues

1. When using FireWire the audio is not played and the blue light starts to blink if i try to route the system audio or the daw audio the firewire card is on the laptop and its a jmicron FireWire card (maybe lack of TI chipset might be the cause for it

2. I tried to use it on standalone mode without computer (as mentioned above if that is what standlaone mode does) but its just blinking blue light after turning off and removing fw cables and turning back on no output is also audible thru headphone jack (analog 1/2). But its working
    That way When the firewire is connected
    Please help me been dying to get one ad/da converter but budget was the problem i got this now and i want to convert my output from the zoom u44 over spdif optical/coax
    Zoom u44 dont have ADAT i guess.

3. stopped

stopped Platinum Record