Producers to remake EDM - House (instrumentals)

Discussion in 'Job Listings: Finding, Hiring.' started by KingSchlongXVII, Dec 8, 2014.

1. KingSchlongXVII

KingSchlongXVII Member

Interesting that you would view this posting as "such a turmoil". It's kind of laughable really to see you using that as your conclusion, along with your nonsensical car mechanic analogy.

OK look, there's obviously a mixture of those who haven't read the criteria properly, and those that have read too deeply or wrongly into it. It seems the idea of asking for what people have been or are capable of musically leads you to think that upon submission of their work it's going to be taken away from them. That is just completely incorrect nonsense. If I look at someone's page on Soundcloud is my immediate intention to steal their music from them? No, of course not. I just want to hear what they can do, nothing more.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking producers to submit their music productions. If that producer wants to show what they can (or can't) produce, it's their own free will. At no point has it been suggested producers should submit specific track titles that will then be used by the company. It was left completely OPEN; Demo or finished track. Nothing specific about what exact song you need to send in. So any suggestion about track submissions being used by the company without the producer's agreement are completely ludicrous and unfounded.

I'm sure you all know CATALYST of course. Well, let me tell you something. I approached Catalyst about this posting 3 weeks before it even happened. Because I wanted his approval on this first. I thought it was appropriate that I should ask for his advice and the protocol I should follow on this topic. I wanted to avoid any potential sticky situations, my prime concern being the AudioSex members who might have felt this had the potential to reveal names and addresses of our members. I wanted to assure Catalyst that it was never going to happen that way, and we agreed that if producers wanted to reveal themselves through their music then it would be their choice, and not because of any pressure from anyone else but themselves. I was looking out for YOU guys, not the selfish other way around.

Perhaps now after reading the above you can show just a fraction of respect for this posting and for the opportunity that it can bring to certain people. Try and think of others instead of yourself all the time, just exactly as I did, taking care to see the post was presented in a good and honest nature. This was not some flash-in-the-pan idea that was conjured up 5 minutes ago. It was thought out and put together with the blessing of Catalyst to ensure it was on point and fair to everyone. Let's try and be a community that helps and builds people's futures, and I'm sure one day you'll appreciate the benefits from seeing that and get to feel better about yourself for being a part of it too.

*yes*

2. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

So... let us guess. If you had Catalyst's approval, did you told him also the Company name which you still hide from us?

Ok, i understand that "name revealing" problem you wanted to avoid, but does that have anything to do with you or your company as well? Are you guilty of something in order to hide yours or your company's identity?

This is not a "thieves" forum. Here's plenty of normal, legit and professional musicians who buys the stuff they're using. Is there any discrimination reasons just because this place is linked to AZ?
    I don't think so.

And believe me, i wouldn't kick in with any argument as long as you would've been posting in a more professional manner. Need some advices? Look:

"I am Mr. X, i'm working for the Y company and i would like to approach some great aspiring talents on this forum for some business opportunity. What are we looking for is this and that. In order to show us what you're capable off, please reply with a post down bellow attaching your personal soundcloud links, we will give you all a go and then we will pick up the best of you. In case you don't want to share your personal soundcloud from privacy reasons, please PM us so we can keep this confidential.

Have a great day and thank you for your time. "

What about that?

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Studio 555
    Replicating a hit means in the vein of a certain song or artist. Doesn't have to be a carbon copy.

fraifikmushi
    He asked for a demo or finished track. You simply have to demonstrate that you can do what they need done. How is that different from giving a label a demo of a song of yours except that you know the company name. If you own the copyright to your track what is the issue?

Everyone
    There are plenty of jobs where you don't know the salary ahead of time. I've went for high level programming positions like that. I would come in and be taken into a meeting room where I would be asked to display my abilities, whether that meant taking a look at my past work or having to take a pop quiz the idea was the same. Only difference is the company was known but again the circumstances of how I found the job were different. If people are worried about someone stealing their track they should have it copyrighted in the first place. In my opinion you can choose to send the guy a demo or not, it's your own free will. Perhaps some people already have tracks made like the ones that this company is looking for. Also this isn't the first time that someone is opening a thread here looking for sound designers and not leaving a company name since companies may not want to appear associated with a forum that openly deals with warez topics. You submit a track and if they like it then they will reveal more details about the company. Maybe if an artist is so established that he has concerns over wasting his time writing a demo then this might not be for them. A lot of you should already have similar songs to past hits. Pick one or two and send him a soundcloud link.

4. KingSchlongXVII

KingSchlongXVII Member

Thank you Catalyst, your input is hugely appreciated on this. It was getting to the point of absolute despair trying to deal with the issues a few members were constantly raising about this post. After they've read your views to reinforce what I've tried to explain, I honestly hope that some of the members will start to appreciate and begin to understand that it's not always possible, for numerous reasons, to have a company reveal themselves on this forum. And I can assure all of you here, in this case it's not because of any questionable activity nor some devious intentions as some people may seem to think. Far from it.

The main reason is because it's almost entirely to do with the fact that the company does not want their competition or rivals to know about what they're planning. So it's nothing to do with AudioSex members or any producers whatsoever. The whole project has to be kept under wraps and away from the eyes of the rivals, to avoid the risk of the project idea being taken from them. And this is a great long-term opportunity which the company does not want to lose. Those applying with demos or finished tracks that are selected for the work will most certainly know everything about this legitimate company, with full details about the project on offer. There is nothing to fear - only everything to gain. Thanks and good luck with your submissions.

:wink: