Procrastination

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Klaviernatum, Dec 7, 2015.

?

Are you on Procrastination?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Klaviernatum

Klaviernatum Member

Greetings great people!

Merry Xmas,
    And an early Happy New Year!

After procrastinating 3 years in my life, I want to gift you my first Album.
    It is eclectic, track by track, and it is the compilation of many of my studio improvisations of the last three years. The good news is: I completed that single important thing i was procrastinating... and at the same time, the procrastination activities (like this album) are now complete!

As Vader said, "The Circle is now complete..."

Naturally and musically,
    Officially on Vacations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. Ash

Ash Rock Star

I am right into it!
    ...guilty pleasure.:rofl:

:cheers:

4. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

im so high on procrastination i cant tell the difference between reality, dreams and hallucinations anymore...

fuk i regret takin dis drug...

but if anyone wants some I know a guy ok I drained the joke bye...

5. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Me too, about similar problems with reality and its duties. In winter the thing worsens.

Kind of spicy the track!

6. BigEmptySky

BigEmptySky Member

Off topic: Ok, so I will be dating myself here, not that I care, but...

Didn't Carly Simon have a song called "Procrastination"?

Yes, I know it was "Anticipation" but I just couldn't refuse myself. It was the 1st thought I had when I saw the topic title.

On topic: If honesty be the truth then we all procrastinate at various times in our lives. I think it's just human nature. It's part of life.

Those who are very disciplined will stay on point especially if they are very driven. Like the ones who practice their craft for many hours per day, day after day. I'm sure everyone here has read interviews or YouTube videos of certain musicians, producers etc. who were/are very driven and practice for hours and hours each and every day. Truth be told it is the only way to reach the level one desires. Determination to stick to it no matter what comes your way in life. Woodshedding, you gotta put the time in and there is no way around that.

Didn't Steve Vai have one of those 8 or more hours per day of woodshedding? I do recall an interview where he stated something to that effect. Now that's determination minus procrastination equalling proven results. I know many of you here can add others who have done similar. Oh yeah, Quincy Jones, at one time claimed he rarely slept cause it was a waste of valuable time.

7. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Yeah, but I understand procrastination not as delaying matters regarding personal pursuits; to me, procrastination is to try to avoid your duties, the ones paving your living, as paying bills, let as the last thing to apply for jobs when you want to move on, or even not to approach some aspects of the cleaning or personal care. So in a way you might end up feeling in delay, because indecision, laziness or why not fear.

In fact these days, one can find the determination for an interest and be very good at that pursuit, let’s say some digital creation business, but fail miserably in the real life.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  8. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

It took me ages to decide whether to write this reply.