Processing of samples???

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Duu, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Duu

Duu Noisemaker

I don't know which if any samples/sample librarys' any of you use.....but take Vengeance sound's librarys' club sounds etc etc etc. They seem massively over processed to me.... compression especially but also innapropriate reverb and such processing. It has also been said that many of the Vengeance beats are directily snatched from others tunes which would mean they'd have even been not only processed, but also mastered!!!. This doesn't leave much room for creativity does it???.

3. audiofool

audiofool Newbie

Hello, first sorry for my english.

Vengeance samples packs are quiet good, i sometimes find what i want in those packs. Be awre that "mastered" is a word that can't really be applied when your talking about 1 sample such as a snare drum or a kick, mastering IS processing and obviously the kick sampled from a mastered record "suffer" of these extra processing (compression, and whatever EQ has been applied on the master) wich absolutely do not mean that these samples are unuseable but it just could fit your taste or not, depending on the genre of music you produce.

Ive been used a lot of samples sampled from electro records wich is a genre of music that is being massively processed, it has always fit my taste and i di it because i usually never achieve the same sound with my plugin processing.

Be sure to always have goldbabys stuff next to you when you want raw material.

4. Duu

Duu Noisemaker

+1 for Goldbabys' samples and you're quite right regarding mastering being simply another 'process', my point is,well, I personaly produce Drum and Bass so simply dropping samples into my projects with very little or no dynamics whatsoever is not really an option. Especially with overprocessed samples such as Vengeance, and it's not just Vengeance either they just seem worse to me. My main point is the lack of options for personal processing. Also I must say I have got a couple of snares in my personal library that smack hard at 200hz from Vengeance packs (nice!!!) and some hats too!!!. It's they're massively over rated imo.

5. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Goldbaby are the bees knees :dancing:

6. ionutz

ionutz Newbie

I think Vengeance is waaay too overused... u can hear them in songs left and right... I completely disregard a song where I hear a vengeance sample in it lol... but that's just me

7. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

quite different from the one you use but if I ever use a library, I use EWQL +XP pro (otherwise I only use VSTi)....they also have a bit of reverb added but it sounds pretty good...
    anyway I believe there is not ONE do-it -all library...whatever your style and need, you'll have to pick bits and pieces here and there as even the "best" ones dont do it all...that being said EWQL is quite enough for my needs when it comes to reproducing classical instruments =)