Process.Audio SUGAR

Discussion in 'Software News' started by quadcore64, Mar 25, 2019.

1. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

The folks at Puremix have released their first plugin SUGAR free to Pro members (who should be aware) & a 14 day trial for everyone. They also made the demo session available for download.

BTW... Requires an iLok account.:wtf:

Who is PROCESS.AUDIO ?
    PROCESS.AUDIO is the Software division of pureMix, the world's premier audio engineering training and education community.

This new plug-in company was founded by a team of world class music making professionals, led by Fab Dupont, to create music making tools that strike the perfect balance between analog workflow and digital technology.

We are aiming at creating a suite of plug-in that will help all engineers achieve a pro sound faster than ever.

PROCESS.AUDIO delivers audio plug-ins made by the pros, for the pros.

Could be interesting.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Puremix?

AKA Flab DuPont? The most arrogant man in the music industry?

Hmmm. I'll wait before going whoopy doo dah.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Just thought it was interesting that they have branched out into software development. Natural progression?

On another side note, more arrogant than Lord-Alge ?

5. Oh yes. You can see the fear of the money man behind Chris Lord-Algae's eyes.

6. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

Wow! Did he win that award yet..? Probably! :rofl:

7. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

8. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

9. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

It seems that people are very interested in let their mixes get wrecked by algorithms and try to pay a lot for this "technique". :yes:

Sometimes, I didn't even knew that I have the problem which a plugin "solves". That's always very good.

10. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

I saw the review. I really like what it does to audio.

11. refix

refix Platinum Record

lol... are we suggesting that behind the bluster and salesmanship there is a 'tart' of the highest order. possibly an acute observation. unfortunately, i think that is true of most of us at times. maybe its just a matter of degree.

12. Well I'm fairly sure Flabuious Flab has a degree, but I'm not so sure about the Algea.

13. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Sounds like my favourite mastering engineer Mr. Crapinsky's work. :rofl:

@Fudsey Plange LOL and then some! :)

Seriously, these are tools for amateurs. I'm sure they can help to get your tracks sound a bit better, but nothing that you couldn't do if you had a bit of knowledge, *ears*, and then used the right tools. The most important thing is to make the mix sound good in the first place.

14. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

I disagree about calling users of these kinds of plugins amateurs.
    Obviously, you can work without this, but it is a matter of time, speed, and easiness. These kinds of plugins do simultaneous things and make things easier. You can dial a good kick with a nub. Why would someone resist against that?

15. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I have to admit I was a little harsh in saying "amateurs". Sorry about that. :( Maybe "not technically inclined" would be more appropriate? Especially because an amateur means "not making any money". This plugin looks rather "pro", regardless its functionality, and its price reflects that. Its quite highly priced for a single plugin.

You could buy more than a few great plugins from Tokyo Dawn Labs [Nova, SlickEQ, Limiter 6] and Toneboosters, to achieve the same, or actually better result, if only being a little more knowledgeable about mixing and knowing how to use ears. :wink:

16. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I am just demoing the Plugin on a masterbus of a soulful Beat I made. I've gotta say, I am pleasantly surprised by this one. Usually, I am not a big fan of these "magic" plugins which don't tell you exactly what is going on under the hood but this one is pretty nice. It really does ckean up the signal and improves the stereo image nicely.

I got the main sound before hitting the Mixbus so on there I just have:

UAD Plutec Pro > Sugar > L2.

The beat was "warm" but also a bit muddy and lacked some clarity. After dialing in some mid, high and air it sounds more like I imagined. I think 140 € plus iLok Dongle is a bit too pricey for now, but it is definitely a great contender for the next plugin sale bucket list.

Oh, I did a lil Screencapture as well: