Problems with purchasing Cubase

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by dway, Dec 6, 2013.

1. dway

dway Newbie

So, I read about cubase 7.5 on audiosex and i say wow looks like steinberg is really doing it with this

upgrade i think i'll check it out. I haven't been checkin for cubase since ver. 5.5 after i switched

over to win7 64 bit i've been having issues with the rewire, it seems to be broken between cubase,

live, and reason don't know whose to blame, that's a whole can of worms in itself. Anywho, i grab a

credit card Who's membership has it's privileges and im advised to Don't leave home without it and

proceed to order cubase 7.5 upgrade for 299$ and was greeted with the message bank declined charged.
    I guess my privileges doesn't extend to Germany.lol A robot from Fraud Protection called me and asked

me if I tried to buy German, I said yes and it said i can, but it lied to me because i still

couldn't.lol So I grabed another card that used to proclaim "It's Everywhere You Want to Be" except

Europe i guess, and their Fraud Robot called and said I wasn't buying American and seemed suspicious.

So i explained that there is not much to buy American made anymore except Food and Movies and they

said ok, but they would have to monitor the transaction to make sure it's safe.lol
    So I ordered again, to no avail. So i found out what time it was in Germany, California and New York to

make sure we were all syncronized to make this purchase but buy then I had exhausted my attempts
    @ the Cubase website and would have to wait 24hrs for a security reboot, REALLY!!

So while im waiting 24hrs guess what im doing, yep you guessed it spending time on audioz when i would

otherwise be learning cubase 7.5 lol i only came back to audioz after a long time of swearing off

cracks and pirates after being bored with trying to find a solution with the techs of ableton and

Steinberg to my rewire problem, and some may wonder what drives perfectly law abiding citizens to

pirated software. I'm not saying it's right but I understand.

3. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Use Paypal. They don't give a shit if you get ripped off or not =P

But yeah, just another drop in the ocean of reasons.

4. bl33d

bl33d Newbie

Almost all card companies have fraud protection now use paypal or call the actual card company and let them know what you are trying to do.

5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'm in UK and my Santander Visa debit worked first time to upgrade from Cubase 7 to 7.5.

Also, the reason your ReWire is broken is probably because you're running Cubase in 64 bit. Reason create ReWire and it was 32 bit until a recent Reason (6 or 7). I have Reason 7 and can ReWire in 64 bit into Cubase 7/7.5 without any issues. If you have an older Reason, you will only have 32 bit ReWire and can therefore only ReWire into a 32 bit host. Run Cubase in 32 bit and it should work.

6. dway

dway Newbie

thanks for the advice, but me and the techs at ableton and cubase tried unsuccsesfully to rewire cubase 7 32bit live 9 standard 32 bit legit didn't work. Iv'e tried live 8 and 9 suite cracked 32 bit, and installed reason 7 trial version on an external drive still didn't work, so now iv'e ordered live 7 and will reorder cubase 7.5 and live 9 standard and see what happens. Hopefully this problem is not machine specific.

7. dway

dway Newbie

That's exactly why i don't use paypal.lol you'll never get a refund with those guys.

8. virusg

virusg Rock Star

u need a dongle to enter the site and pay them ... :rofl:

9. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

This is why I DO use Paypal......twice I've been refunded my money without problems!

10. dway

dway Newbie

I know it's funny, but there doing something right cause it hasn't been cracked yet.

11. dway

dway Newbie

I must admit the've gotten better with their ebay charge reversals.

12. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

so whats the point of this thread again ? don't use noob methods of making payments ? *yes*

cubase 7.5 update only costed me $50 from the steinberg store too :) , I don't understand why mine was much cheaper ? I upgraded from Cubase 7 though , what version of cubase did you upgrade from ?

Also I paid using paypal & had no troubles , been using paypal for several years for basically everything now , never had a problem.

shame to hear about the rewire problems , best to live without ableton or vice versa with cubase, stick with 1 until the problem is notably fixed.

You should see if you can gain any additonal info on your rewire problems on the steinberg and ableton forums

13. juan escajeda

juan escajeda Noisemaker

been using paypal for years and i also had no trouble getting charges reversed. I agree i've had the same problem in the past using credit cards in europe living in the usa. never was able to purchase anything without paypal. use paypal and your problems will be solved.