Problems with Kontakt 5

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Audio_rookie, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Audio_rookie

Audio_rookie Newbie

To Half SOLVED

Hi, i really got a problem with kontakt and some of the libarys like Cinematic Strings.
    I use Sonar with the Kontakt VSTI on Windows 8.

If i load Kontakt as vsti and try to add a libary it tells me
    "The libary is encrypted you have to register it probaly".

If i Run Kontakt in Solo Mode with Administrator Permissions i could add all libarys without a problem, but these changes
    wont be saved. And so back on the VSTI there isnt the libary anymore.

Have someone a solution for this problem?

3. Audio_rookie

Audio_rookie Newbie

...after days of this annoying bug i finally found the solution >.< and this minutes after my post.

Here is the Solution for all with that bug which could't add the libary to Sonar.

First Right click on Kontakt "Run with Administrator Permissions" > Save
    Right Click on Sonar "Run with Administrator Permissions"> Save

and now the bug is gone, but he won't save the changes that i made Mm.. i'm seeking for a final solution for this.

4. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Hi

I had a similar problem, and here's what i done to fix it

Amongst the files you should have two files, one called "info".nkc and the other called "info".nkx

Copy these files into the kontakt instruments folder that your trying to load into kontakt, and see if that works

It worked for me on numerous kontakt programs that were displaying the error message

5. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

I do not have a solution to permanently fix the problem but I have a workaround that will allow you to preserve the changes you have made to the instrument settings of your project.

Before closing the project, turn Kontakt off for the tracks that are giving you the problem. Make it offline, NOT inactive, NOT deleted from the list.

Next time you open the project, make a temporary duplicate of the offlined-track. Enable kontakt in this temporary track (bring online), add the required library in the library list. Now go to the original track and activate Kontakt here as well (bring online), you should see your library loaded with all the settings you saved intact. You can now remove the temporary track as it is of no use now.

I would like to have this problem solved as well, "kearnsy", NKX files contain the samples and it is placed in "Samples" folder, the NKC file is also in the "Samples" folder. Bringing them all out to the root folder did not do the trick.

6. neebster

neebster Newbie

Dear Friends, I finally found a way to make the library stick and not disappear from Kontakt.

I am using Kontakt 5.10 and Windows 8 64 bit. Whenever I was 'Adding The Library' it would show temporarily then when I quit Kontakt and restart it was disappearing. I noticed that it was creating a file on the desktop calles sc3.tmp I took this file and renamed it 'Cinematic Strings.xml and placed it in C:Program Files/Common Files/Native Instruments/Service Center

and now the library stopped disappearing and all is perfect

Goo Luck

7. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Ya did it Neebo! I was seeing this file too but never thought of checking its insides. Well done figuring out the service center folder. My Shreddage 2 now works.

8. Audio_rookie

Audio_rookie Newbie

Man you are great!

It worked, i renamend the Temp File and put it in the directory :)

I give u a Biiig /hug

9. neebster

neebster Newbie

Glad I could help, enjoy guys.

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Wow, simply brilliant Neebo.

I even opened this sc3.tmp weird file and understood that was an xml file related to the kontakt libs. But I never thought that renaming it and putting in with the other libs xmls would solve problems.

Congrats.

11. Qinuyen

Qinuyen Newbie

:excl: You can use Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) to open sc3.tmp file to see which kontakt library it related to!

12. whalemusic99

whalemusic99 Guest

THANKS AUDIO LOVER! turns out its related to Lumina. Now what is my next step what do I need to do with the temp file so I never see it again??

13. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

have you done what Neebo suggested earlier in this thread?, renaming file?? placing inside service center folder???

14. whalemusic99

whalemusic99 Guest

Well can I just change the .tmp to a .xml? Because I get a little warning when doing so

15. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

16. whalemusic99

whalemusic99 Guest

lol thats adorable

17. clownothorns

clownothorns Noisemaker

I know I'm going to regret it, but how the hell do you change a .tmp file to a .xml? Go ahead and laugh.

Please ignore my stupid comment, I'm retarded. :dancing:

18. Nima

Nima Noisemaker

This worked Thanks

19. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

There's a couple of nice tools that can solve this kind of problems without the need of messing with files.

KLP: this tool is relatively unknown but my first choice. It creates a basic .nicnt file which is the best and cleaner way to add a library to Kontakt. You only must name the Kontakt Lib and enter the folder. If you use Mac just run your favourite PC emulator and it should work.

KLM v3: this is a well known utility who creates basic .nkc and .nkx files and the corresponding registry entries (this means only Windows). Again, you only must name the Kontakt Lib and enter the folder.

The two available in AZ.

Cheers! :)

20. Ponstory Games

Ponstory Games Ultrasonic

Hey, I came across this forum and it worked (Neebster is a legend among men, and so is clownothorns for that matter).

HOWEVER, it should be specified (for anyone who might come across this common problem) that you are changing the Sc3.tmp file to match the name of your library's parent FILE (as in folder), not the name of the .nicnt file (as I thought initially).