Problems with Keyscape

Discussion in 'Software' started by ArtVandalay7, Feb 24, 2021.

1. ArtVandalay7

ArtVandalay7 Newbie

Hello-
    I am consistently having problems with Keyscape despite even scrapping everything (deleting all Keyscape files including Audio18.dat file and keyscape.dll files and folders from 'program files' and 'program data' folders) and starting over using the instructions Pirate has provided multiple times. Omnisphere and Trilian continue to work without any issues. However, even after copying the 'soundsources' folder over that is identical to the screenshots on this forum in terms of file size, etc. I am getting errors, particularly with the Wing Tack and Wing Upright sounds and multis and even with some of the clavinets. Getting errors such as "requested file is not a sample file" and "cannot load soundsource 'Wing Upright Piano Release Mono" from directory 'keyscape library'..." Since Omnisphere and Trilian both work I am assuming that my Steam folder is okay. When I load Omnisphere it only says there may be an issue with keyscape files. Is there any way to correct this without scrapping everything and having to start from square one with all 3 apps? Thanks!

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

had the same problem a few weeks ago.

delete the keyscape zmap file (omnisphere/keyscape will rebuild it, when u open it the next time) and put the *.db files only in the Keyboards folder.

4. ArtVandalay7

ArtVandalay7 Newbie

Hey thanks, the folder structure was somehow all off. Aside from having to add MKS E Piano 2 which for some reason wasn't in there, seems to be working great now...It seems very hard to see what has changed from update to update. I'm hesitant to update any further from Keyscape Software update 1.1.2c, Patch Library Update 1.3c, and Soundsource Library Update 1.0.2. Is there any reason to do so? When I last tried the latest updates posted in November it led to all kinds of crackling/popping.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

the people who have uploaded and prepared the Keyscape Library messed up the structure.

Spectrasonics Updates/Patches are fine.

the last updates from january are working good here, the November release was maybe with flaws, but i didnt try this one.

6. ArtVandalay7

ArtVandalay7 Newbie

Thanks, I'll try it today!