Problems with Berlin Woodwinds EXP D-SFX and KONTAKT

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by gaijinn000, May 18, 2017.

1. gaijinn000

gaijinn000 Noisemaker

Hello guys.
    I wonder if someone out there could give me a hand.
    I have downloaded and installed Berlin Woodwinds EXP D-SFX Woodwind Effects. It came into 2 different folders, one with the main vst and half the samples (bassoon and clarinets) and the other just the rest of the samples, (piccolo and flutes). I copied those latter folders unto the main, added the LIbrary, batch resaved the samples and did all that without KONTAKT mentioning any missing samples. So far so good. The thing is, when I load any of the flutes or piccolo, the nki loads just fine but the memory counter stays at zero and no sample is loaded with that instrument. There are no error messages or nothing like that, just an empty nki with the blue region keys and no sounds.
    Any ideas?...BTW, the bassoons and clarinesta load just fine.
    Thanks a lot

3. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

That's whack. I just tried a bunch of fl & pic instruments from Exp D and they all load and play fine for me (from PiRAT's AZ posting in December). Sounds like there might have been some corruption during unpacking the RARs? An nki file could easily appear to be intact to the unRAR s/w but be messed up, though it seems odd to have all the fute & piccolo instruments similarly flawed. If you still have them, try opening them and redoing just the instruments (I use Entropy on the Mac - you can un-RAR selectively).

4. gaijinn000

gaijinn000 Noisemaker

Actually the samples came unrared...