Problems with Arturia Analog Factory and Matrix

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alpha0ne, May 3, 2015.

1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hi everybody.

I am on Win7 64 bit andI have rome problems with the latest R2R release of Arturia V Collection's Analog Lab (Sorry not Analog Factory. I mean Analog Lab and Matrix 12-V - Admin could you change the title accordingly pls? It's too late and my brain is fcuked up i think) and Matrix 12-V. (Version 4.0.2)

First problem is that Analog Lab does not recall the presets in the a project (tested with Ableton Live 9.1.7 and FL Studio 11)
    Second problem is that when i load MAtrix on to a midi track a very loud buzzing sound comes so i have to choose quickly a preset then it disappears.

Does anyone experienced same problems maybe?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

3. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

I've tested both on win 7 X64 running standalone & in Reaper. As far as I can work out the problems solvable in that.

Firstly the problem with Analog Lab not recalling presets. I didn't have this problem but found the best way around it would be to store your preset as a snapshot. Open the tab, bottom left where it says snapshots and then choose your preset & modify & then drag & drop the preset into one of the snapshot bays. Found on doing this you can move between various user defined settings quickly & it does recall presets in a project etc.

Secondly, as for matrix I got a sound upon opening.

However I believe this is something to do maybe with the default factory setting that loads upon opening.

By default it has the pulse waveform selected in VCO 1 & VCO 2 I think. This may be the problem.

I found one way of overcoming the problem was to open an instance in standalone or in a project, deselect the waveforms as standard & change the user preset to something stable etc. Then save this preset in your bank as say DEFAULT.

Then configure Matrix to recall this preset upon loading both in standalone & as standard preset in a project. This way when you open an instance of matrix in a project the default preset loads which solves any playback problems & gltches etc.

Both these methods seemed to work for me with no problems.

Haven't tested in Ableton as don't have it & haven't a clue how to use it lol but imagine the same approach will most probably overcome any problems.

Good Luck :wink:

4. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Clandestine. Thank you for your answer. But how did you make a default preset for Matrix 12-v i didnt understand.

By the way, Ableton live 9.2b8 (beta) is crashing with Analog Lab after some weaking and playing notes :)

5. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

It crashed AL8 too before...
    I don't understand Arturia never fixed that. They don't have AL users ?
    I stopped using any Arturia product. It is bug fest.

6. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

You say it Pippotron. The Factory Lab has also a very shitty browser. You even cannot filter somehow, or i dont find how to. Even Analog Factory had a way better organized browser.
    Sometimes i wonder if the developoers use their products or even other products to get some idea :|