problems with 8dio adagio cellos and sibelius

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by duskwings, Nov 8, 2013.

1. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

I use sibelius 7 and i use Kontakt 5 for playback,everything works fine exept 8dio adagio cellos,all the other instruments play,but when it s time for the cello to start playing,it plays a not and then it mutes,i have to constantly touch the expression knob on the display to hear it,and it s annoying,does anybody have any idea of a possible solution and or a better or equivalent cello library,LASS cello sounds awful as a solo instrument and cinematic strings don t have a solo cello option,anything else i can try?

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's the weekend so don't feel bad if you haven't gotten a response yet. :wink:

4. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

For the first chair cello instrument, you can try Garritan Gofriller Cello, highly expressive solo cello. I believe its from the guys who later formed Sample Modeling. The free version of Blakus Cello is also nice, do download the additional Spicatto patch from VIC forum. There is a lite version of the upcoming commercial product from Embertone which sees Blakus return to his cello, that is also good (Embertone - Intimate Strings Solo Cello). All of the above have expressive controls for velocity morphing and some cool legato.

5. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

Wow, you think LASS solo cello is bad? I think it's amazing. I used Gofller before, and when I got LASS, I deleted Gofriller and never looked back. I guess it's all a matter of taste.

6. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

it s the solo cello in LASS that is bad in my opnion,within a mix and with lots of editing it works,but if u solo it and make a comparison with a real cello u ll hear that it s farfrom realitic,especially in the lower range,u hear that wierd muddy souund with a strange reverb that makes it more similar to a wind instrument rather than a string,a real cello doesn t sound like that at all