Problems Omnisphere 2 not saving patches...

Discussion in 'Software' started by severn, Jun 20, 2015.

1. 01W

01W Newbie

I had this problem on win7, now same thing has happened few times on macOS.
    Is this only happenening in cracked version or also in legit version ?

2. Ted

Ted Ultrasonic

2019 and Omnisphere not saving patch and multi. Sometimes it does but sometimes not. I always have to reload each multi patch (and setup)
    I re-installed a few times, nothing change. Do you think I will have this issue if I buy it ?
    thanks

3. nlstrait

nlstrait Newbie

Having the same issue... Something tells me it wouldn't happen if we bought it

EDIT: For now, saving presets with my DAW (Studio One 4) is preventing any loss.

4. Shuka4

Shuka4 Newbie

Did anyone find a permanent solution to this issue by any chance? Every help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you:)

(For now, I just try to name my layers accordingly to the preset titles and make only little changes to its settings with noting all my steps in the note window in Logic Pro).

P.S. Also, I tried this solution (see attached picture) but it didn't help me. Maybe for somebody it would be helpful...
    [​IMG] (https://ibb.co/Wkq2ZST)

5. lorenzolamasse

lorenzolamasse Member

Same same here with latest update, on Logix Pro X. Happens at random.
    What I do is:
    - name the track after the selected patch
    - save the modified patch using the plugin dropdown of Logic (the one outside the Omnisphere interface) as "My <name of the patch>.aupreset" in the Logic presets dirs.

This way, if one patch disappears at load, I just need to check track name and select the "My <same name>" in the dropdown menu of the Logic plugin window and I recover all of it.

Hope that helps.
    Still that's quite painful to use unstable software, but that's probably the ransom of its richness...
    Lorenzo

6. unkellsam

unkellsam Noisemaker

Five years later and no solution unfortunately. This definitely seems to be an intentional anti-piracy measure, since the "bug" is directly linked to the authorization file. Many (allegedly) legit users have reported this problem, but seem to have had it resolved when re-authorizing:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/omnisphere-loosing-all-its-patches-on-reload-of-song.64494/
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482961
    https://vi-control.net/community/threads/omnisphere-forgot-its-patches.19107/
    https://vi-control.net/community/threads/omnisphere-losing-patches-in-logic.10440/
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116079
    ... and many more ...

I have tried saving the multis as some have suggested, but the files get saved corrupt with blank values. Opening the multi save files in notepad you can see that there are no values actually saved. The developers are pretty smart, we just need to get smarter, since clearly patches are saved and recalled sometimes and for some people.

If anyone has found a permanent solution, please share.

7. D-Lish

D-Lish Newbie

Well, I'm at my breaking point with my Omnisphere 2.5 crack. Been using it for a few years and have been doing the "print to another audio track" workaround. Yesterday, Ableton crashed before I could bounce 5-6 Omnisphere tracks and I lost them all except 1. Looks like saving the patch or renaming the track to the actual patch name are semi-fixes but it doesn't fix the main issue. The patch saving.

It's my go-to for atmospheric pads and strings and I'd say I use it on 90% of my projects.

I assumed this was a cracked issue for a long time, but it looks like it's unclear if it 100% is a cracked version issue since some people who've shared post don't specify if they've got a legit version. I was more than willing to actually purchase an Omnisphere/Trilian package but from what I'm reading, I'm gonna hold off until I get some confirmation that patches will for sure be saved. $500 + is too much to have to consistently still use these workflow-killing workarounds.

8. Utada Hikaru

Utada Hikaru Producer

You really don't need to save the multi (although is always safe to do it). The most important thing is to save the patches you are using/modifing.
    I have been using Omnisphere for some years and I have been dealing with this issue with the solution I posted years ago, which is to save the patches. What I do is to save them into the "user" folder of Omnisphere > Genre/Project/Album > Song name, and thats it. Everytime you change something in your patches just click on "Save patch quick". And if the next time you open your project and the patches dissapear just go to Patch browser > File Directory, and start selecting the patches, you can even change the "Part 1-8" just above in the same menu.
    Thats my easy way to deal with the problem, the workflow is minimally affected, at least for me.

9. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

So i just lost my multi's, no way of getting it back? Tried reinstlling, should I goto a diff version?

10. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

i cant believe i found all my multis by searching, always labeling and saving from now on

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  11. babycarrot7

babycarrot7 Newbie

Any solution yet? On Mac 10.13.2. Whenever I re open a project containing Omni tracks it's reloading as a blank instance. Not every time, but definitely the majority of the time.

12. nik2347

nik2347 Newbie

SOLUTION:

I was also having this problem until I started launching my DAW as administrator! After so much headache because of lost patches it just worked out that simple... I hope this works for u all as well. If you use the standalone omnisphere, just launch it as administrator and it should also work.

Now let's make some music S2

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. London007

London007 Member

That advice means nothing for Mac users. Seriously, FIVE YEARS and this f**king annoying problem still exists.... AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! :snuffy::snuffy::snuffy::(:(

14. DigitHandz

DigitHandz Ultrasonic

If I had to guess, I believe you just need some way for your DAW to have the privilege to edit Omnisphere files (Spectrasonics folder).

15. Ted

Ted Ultrasonic

I'm on mac, I'll try to change Steam folder privilege and tell you if it works...

16. Ted

Ted Ultrasonic

Ok guys, I made a CMD i on Steam folder. Allowed write and read for every user. AND for every files inside Steam.... it worked ! My multi were recalled. I guess I'll have to do that each time I install Omnisphere expansion... Listen I'm not sure at all it will last long (finger crossed)

[It won't recall your lost multi--->restore privilege, then reload your multi-->After that they should be recalled]

17. sneaky chimera

sneaky chimera Newbie

BatCHmodded the STEAM/Omnisphere folder and it worked like a charm.

18. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

Can someone please confirm if I have to reauthorize omnisphere or change the steam folder from read only to writable?
    Running W10, had no issues for the longest time but after updating to the latest omnisphere, Trilian and Keyscape versions that came out, I've run into the problem of my patches not recalling when opening saved projects for each plugin. I use Ableton, and my versions are Omnisphere 2.6.4c | Keyscape 1.2.0c | Trilian 1.5.0d . If someone has already answered this in this thread, kindly quote it or mark as Best answer. thank you.

19. vuuru_keg

vuuru_keg Platinum Record

To be honest i think the latest patch/cracks are flawed with timebombs (im not entierly sure!, im assuming they added more security check that we have yet to discover...) im having re-call issues with all their plugins both on mac and windows.. sometime the plugin even stops outputting audio while im using it!
    I hope maybe R2R will find a fix soon or anyone else will have a fix

20. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

Yeah I've had the audio output issue as well actually(Now that I think of it) Hopefully there's a fix for it!